Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention & Education Coordinator
Job ID: 5129 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
Coordination of prevention and education strategies associated with alcohol and other drug misuse as indicated by the Director of Student Wellness.
- Coordinates and Implements universal, selected, and indicated strategies to address alcohol and other drug prevention and education targeted and customized to the Miami student population
- Develops programs, awareness campaigns, and environmental strategies to address high risk alcohol and drug use; assists in modifying, evolving, and developing the campus-wide approach to reducing high-risk alcohol consumption
- Responsible for outreach related to AOD topics to students, staff and faculty constituents; communicates institutional strategy and interventions, as well as assessment/evaluation of the work in various external contexts to stakeholders.
- Serve as advisor to BACCHUS Miami Chapter student organization
- Develops strategies and interventions for specific and targeted populations; provides creative and technical input for electronic media including web presence, social media, etc.
- Represents office of student wellness external to the university, including but not limited to Coalition for a Healthy Community, Oxford Area
- Demonstrates flexibility; prioritizes work to reflect the goals of the Office of Student Wellness, remains open to and seeks out new ideas and technologies related to enhancing the productivity of the work of the position, takes on other duties as assigned.
Masters Degree in Health Promotion and Education, Public Health, Community Health, or Student Affairs with 3-5 years of related experience.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.