Blugold Central: Financial Aid IS Business Specialist
Job ID 14100
Location UW Eau Claire;Eau Claire, WI
Full/Part Time Full-Time
POSITION: A full-time, renewable professional academic staff position is available in Blugold Central to serve as a Financial Aid IS Business Specialist beginning April 30, 2018 or as soon thereafter as possible. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience with integrated information systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of relational databases and data tables
- Experience working with, applying and complying with regulations, policies and guidelines
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to independently manage projects and maintain thorough records
- A demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to provide superior customer service
- Ability to work effectively within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to perform work requiring strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to perform a variety of technical duties involved in the development, maintenance, and functional set-up of a student information system and supporting software solutions
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving software operating system issues
- Strong logic skills related to maintenance and development of software, experience working with students, faculty and staff with demonstrated effectiveness
- Ability to verify and assure accuracy of data and information
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusiveness and ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences
- Knowledge of and/or experience with financial aid at a college or university
- Experience with integrated student information systems, Oracle Campus Solutions preferred
- Thorough knowledge of functions, operations, and activities related to student financial aid modules in a student information system and other software systems.
This position has responsibility for the operational and functional processes related to electronic processing of student financial aid applications, awarding, delivery/disbursement, reporting and security activities. It serves as the functional lead for the Financial Aid Unit within Blugold Central.
This position serves as the functional liaison in partnership with the division of Learning and Technology Services (LTS), user departments, third party software vendors, and/or local and national government offices. It will work closely with other functional leads in Blugold Central to gain cross-functional knowledge that will allow for a high level of participation in optimizing business processes to improve efficiency and service.
The individual in this position must exhibit a working knowledge of database systems and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the business processes and academic policies being supported, ensuring compliance with University and UW System policies and procedures and with state and federal regulations.
- Provides technical, operational and functional support for financial aid, including project management and system analysis
- Performs technical administrative functions including, but not limited to, online and batch activities, file formatting, and data conversion
- Conducts and analyzes audit reports to ensure processes sustain data integrity and applies controls to safeguard accuracy of data in the creation and maintenance of financial aid information
- Works with users in daily operations to troubleshoot and resolve problems with software solutions; recommends system changes and enhancements when deemed appropriate
- Assists in software updates and upgrades; serves as unit lead in testing for system functionality in regards to student financial aid
- Assists in implementing new technology to improve business practices and streamline processes including design, testing and maintenance
- Continuously assesses and evaluates business processes and functionality to promote efficiency
- Communicates, trains and assists end users on system functionality and changes due to upgrades
- Creates reports and queries
- Develops and maintains written instructions on system procedures and business processes
- Brings forward continuous process improvement ideas
- Understands systemic implications of decisions
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Blugold Central: Financial Aid IS Business Specialist position (Job ID # 14100) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita/resume
- Unofficial transcript- not required at time of application but will need to be provided as part of background check
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Kim O’Kelly; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 30, 2018. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.