Regional Representative - Office of Undergraduate Admissions - Atlanta, Georgia (A1800152)
Regional Representative - Atlanta, Georgia
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Regional Representative in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. This position is a 100% full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and the proposed start date for this position is as soon as possible. The Regional Representative for Atlanta serves as a representative of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This Regional Representative will counsel and advise prospective students, their families, and high school and community college partners through the undergraduate admission and enrollment process. In addition, the Regional Representative will thoroughly read and consider applications for admission and manage all outreach efforts in the Atlanta, Georgia region. Work hours will include evening and weekend commitments during recruitment seasons.
Locus of Operation: Atlanta metropolitan area. The position is located off-campus where the staff member will work from home. The position will cover recruitment in the Southeast, primarily in greater Atlanta in addition to travel to Florida.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the Illinois undergraduate admissions office in assigned regions as well as create and implement recruitment and outreach plans for those areas. Develop comprehensive plans for travel and outreach based on the Illinois' strategy of recruiting a highly diverse and talented applicant pool.
- Counsel, provide information and advice about Illinois generally, and about its admissions procedures specifically, to domestic and international prospective students, applicants, their parents and secondary school guidance counselors in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Using a variety of data resources both internal and external, determine potential recruitment areas and target high schools in assigned region.
- Track expenses and coordinate activities to stay within recruitment budget. Evaluate and determine effectiveness of programs and recruitment in assigned region.
- Be an active member and serve on professional committees for regional admissions organization(s).
- Respond to prospective student inquiries for admissions information by telephone, in writing, via e-mail and in person.
- Maintain contacts with prospective students and events via Slate.
- Travel to campus at regularly scheduled intervals for training, development, and recruitment activities.
- Collaborate with admissions, college, and departmental offices on any recruitment events in assigned territory.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with local Illinois alumni organizations to supplement recruiting efforts in region.
- Read and evaluate admissions applications; apply discretion and independent judgment in evaluating and comparing applications and gathering information in preparation for admission consideration; and make admissions decisions based on campus enrollment goals.
- Assist with operations functions including, but not limited to transcript verification, course articulation, processing and notification of admissions decisions.
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred education: Master's degree
- Minimum of one-year, full-time work experience in undergraduate admissions and recruitment.
- Ability to lift and move heavy boxes of recruiting materials.
- Ability to work independently and manage assignments, working remotely without the support of an on-site support staff.
- Interest in extensive travel and a schedule that accommodates the travel portion of the position.
- Valid driver's license.
- Admissions and recruitment experience as a regional staff member and/or at similar higher education institution as the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding and commitment to affirmative action in educational access and employment.
- A cooperative work style and strong personal initiative.
- High achievement in previous work experience.
- Enthusiastic approach to work and commitment to delivery of high quality service.
- Dynamic personality.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by March 28, 2018. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after the search closes. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Regional Representative - Office of Undergraduate Admissions - Atlanta, Georgia (A1800152)
Open Date: 03/07/2018
Close Date: 03/28/2018
Organization Name: Undergraduate Admissions