Senior HR Specialist, Policy, Risk Management, & Compliance
Working Title: Senior HR Specialist, Policy, Risk Management, & Compliance
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 03-07-2018
University of Virginia Human Resources seeks a Senior HR Specialist, Policy, Risk Management, and Compliance. The Senior HR Specialist is responsible for assisting with a variety of policy governance, risk management and compliance activities. This position supports HR policy creation, modification, interpretation, application, and also ensures that HR complies with regulatory requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to-
- Provide considerations to the HR Manager, Business Operations related to risk management and compliance to support executive discussions and decisions
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel to ensure policies and procedures are compliant
- Support HR Manager, Business Operations in responding to claims for EEOC, Code of Conduct, discrimination, harassment and other legal/policy issues
- Drive compliance with University policies, federal, state and local laws, and keep other departments abreast of requirements
- Identify risks associated with current and proposed changes to system infrastructure and HR processes/policies for all impacted stakeholders
- Integrate with University risk management teams and initiatives to represent HR risk considerations, provide policy interpretation and perspectives, make referrals, and deliver added value
- Research regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information, and maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies
- Compile information by coordinating rate deviation filings, maintaining updated rate matrices, and providing overviews of product disclosures
- Complete disclosures and required reporting timely and accurately by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintain rapport with regulatory personnel by arranging continuing contacts and resolving concerns
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree and four years of relevant experience. Experience as a paraprofessional (legal and/or audit) as well as a certification as an audit, HR, or compliance professional is preferred.
Interested applicants should go to jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting #0622808. Complete a staff application and upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected to all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team with colleagues to avoid delay in key activities, while ensuring compliance is a priority
- Comply with all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting compliance, compensation, and business operations
- Apply principles, methods, and techniques pertinent to the IMPACT function
- Work with HR systems and controls
- Use strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Apply innovative problem solving and analytical skills to thoughtfully and tactfully navigate barriers to progress
- Lead and manage complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Research and write policies, and write persuasively about statute, regulation, and policy implementation, impact and interpretation
- Track and report about policies, enterprise risk, and compliance
- Work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84042