Position Number: 53001895
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 03/20/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Helpdesk Coordinator. The Helpdesk Coordinator works as a lead member of the Service Desk Team and is responsible for delivering fast, friendly, dependable and customer-oriented services to support users of technology in every aspect of university life at University of North Georgia. The position conducts Tier 1 repairs, Faculty/Staff and Student personal computer repairs, brokers IT services and works closely with IT staff to ensure service level agreements are maintained. The position is also responsible for managing student and/or part time works, coordinating with Manager/Director for overall resource allocation and planning.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Helpdesk Coordinator will:
- Provide first-level technical support to all UNG members, and works with faculty, staff and students for basic personal computers repair or recommendation. Train and develop staff of student technicians, and follow up with clients to assess customer satisfaction.
- Assist in managing support escalations to ensure service level agreements are being met. Provide analysis and reporting to IT leadership on the status of service and IT's relationship with customers.
- Assist the Service Desk Manager/Director in the delivery of IT services, interacts with internal groups and customers to identify opportunities for service provisioning and improvement.
- Prepare knowledge base documentation, FAQ's, reports, and assists in maintenance of online service catalog and social media engagement support.
- Pursue professional development in IT as it relates to your position by way of higher education, technical training, and industry recognized certifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of ITIL standards for service delivery, service management, and support.
- Knowledge of incident management and problem management.
- Knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems and peripheral installation and support.
- Knowledge of PC networking in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of desktop/laptop/mobile systems and remote support.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience and training.
- At least two years of experience working in an IT/Service environment and managing student and/or part time workers; or, an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- ITIL or Help Desk certificate desired.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.