Test Center Administrator
Test Center Administrator
Position Number: 53065833
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 03/20/2018
Salary Minimum: $15.87 / hour
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Test Center Administrator. The Test Center Administrator (TCA) will provide test administration services for the University of North Georgia and National Testing Agencies including but not limited to: CLEP, MAT, HESI, TEAS, Instituational SAT, Residual ACT, LSAT, MPRE, eCore, Distance Learning, GACE, DSST, and ACCUPLACER. The TCA will provide assistance in other related areas of the Testing Center as needed. The TCA reports directly to the Coordinator of Testing. This position is Grant Funded.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Test Center Administrator will:
- Manage daily test administration duties for the UNG Gainesville Campus Test Center and National Testing Agencies adhering to strict test security and a variety of test administration procedures. Respond to all testing related inquiries by the Gainesville Campus Coordinator of Testing and outside agencies; assist with the development of the annual UNG Ganesville testing schedule; ensure security of test materials; verify identity of testing candidates; schedule testing appointments requested by phone and e-mail; score Institutional SAT and Residual ACT exams; enter ISAT scores into BANNER; report RACT scores to Admissions; and upload ACCUPLACER scores after test administrations. Also, serve as a primary Saturday and evening TCA for UNG and National Testing Agencies.
- Collaborate with tech support from UNG and National Testing Agencies to ensure that all technology and computer related needs are kept current to prevent interruption in the delivery of exams ; communicate with appropriate offices to secure space and access to building for testing outside of the UNG Testing Center; and maintain an effective working relationship with examinees, professional associates, and colleagues.
- Provide answers to questions from callers and visitors related to a variety of tests and testing policies and maintain inventory of test materials and exhibits.
- Maintain a working knowledge of University and National Testing Agency testing programs; maintain certification with testing clients as required; and maintain current knowledge of non-complete and confidentiality requirements. Preform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must maintain confidentiality of candidate test records and personal information in accordance with FERPA.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have ability to stay focused and detail oriented in fast-paced work environment. Work performance is monitored & evaluated by external clients/vendors by way of “secret shoppers” posing as testing candidates. Failure to maintain contractual requirements could result in financial loss to the institution or termination of testing client contracts.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with customers from varied industries to include academic, corporate, government, financial, healthcare, and information technology.
- Must be available to work extended days, evenings, and weekends.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to maintain cordial, professional demeanor in a fast-paced, emotionally intense, high-stakes testing environment.
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, maintain confidentiality, have superb phone etiquette, and provide professional customer service.
- Must be organize and prioritize work requests to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Must have ability to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of procedures and, when appropriate, recommend and/or implement changes.
- Must be able to complete concurrent or multiple tasks independently and creatively in a timely manner and under pressure of deadlines; work well with people from different racial, cultural and other backgrounds, and possess a strong commitment to the mission of the University.
- Must be able to remain customer friendly and maintain attention to details in the midst of frequent interruptions; must have the ability to work successfully as part of a team in a high-demand, fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Must be able to learn and apply new technology as needed
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least three years of experience in an office environment strongly preferred; moderate computing skills required; excellent record keeping and organizational skills required; experience serving in a supervisory position favored.
- Test Center Administrator Certification in the following areas: College Level Examination Program, DANTES Subject Standardized Test program, ETS Standard Testing Network Center, and others as required after employment. Be active in Georgia College Testing Association and National College Testing Association
- Working knowledge of most computer office software, Windows, Microsoft Office - Word and Excel. Experience with BANNER favored.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.