Library - ELECTRONIC RESOURCES LIBRARIAN
Vacancy ID S2234 Job Title ELECTRONIC RESOURCES LIBRARIAN Working Title Department Library School/Parent Organization Provost and Academic Affairs Parent Org Division Provost and Academic Affairs Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 06/11/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.20 Normal Start Time 08:30 Normal End Time 17:00 Position/Job Summary
Coordinate and support the acquisition, access, administration, evaluation, discovery, and maintenance of information resources in electronic format for the Library. Develop and advance electronic resource services and resources in a collaborative manner. Provide general research assistance service as assigned.
1. Manage electronic resources. Research and analyze products and offers; set up product trials; coordinate electronic subscription changes and renewals. Establish relationships with vendors, publishers, and consortia in order to proactively address ordering, access, payment, and performance issues. Collaborate with librarian colleagues in product evaluation. Participate in the review of vendor license agreements and license compliance.
2. Collaborate in the enhancement, maintenance, and delivery of information in the Alma Unified Resource Management System, SubjectsPlus, and other internal and external data management tools. Coordinate with Library Systems Specialist concerning maintenance of electronic collections in Primo and Alma.
3. Collaborate in the development of policies, procedures, and workflows for electronic resource acquisition, discovery, and maintenance. Communicate policies to patrons and staff as necessary. Participate in initiatives to enhance the discovery and use of library resources. Serve as an administrator of the institutional repository, with the College Archivist, to enhance access to and awareness of scholarship produced by Ithaca College faculty, staff, and students.
4. Troubleshoot and work collaboratively to ensure continuous access and technical support for electronic resources. Maintain authentication protocols, specifically the proxy configuration files, for electronic resources. Update and customize interfaces for electronic resource access and discovery.
5. Monitor expenditures for electronic resources and work with the Electronic and Technical Services Librarian to develop annual budget projections.
6. Evaluate and analyze usage data for electronic resources. Provide data and analyses to the Electronic and Technical Services Librarian for annual statistical reports and to liaison librarians for collection development.
7. Monitor trends and maintain currency in emerging issues in electronic resources.
8. Serve as a liaison for the Library with relevant external vendors to ensure consistency with College policies and efficient workflows.
9. Staff the Research Help desk, providing research assistance to library users in person, by phone, or electronically.
10. Participate in library-wide activities, including serving on library teams and committees.
11. Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion as a college priority, communicate to employees an expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment.
12. Participate and represent the Library at professional, regional, state, and national activities of various organizations related to electronic resources in libraries.
MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited school; familiarity with standards for acquisition, access, and use of electronic resources and emerging technologies; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive; excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; ability to prioritize work to ensure that Library goals are realized in an established timeframe; and ability to adhere to standards of accuracy and confidentiality required. Experience working with licensed electronic resources in a library environment; familiarity with linking technology (OpenURL, Z39.50, etc.) and authentication protocols; familiarity with an URM (unified resource management system), Link Resolvers, Data Analysis, and Institutional Repositories; familiarity with HTML, MARC/Bibframe, XML, PHP, SPSS or R preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by March 1, 2018.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $54,000 to $58,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).