University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Kempe Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
Communication Senior Professional (Instructional Designer)
Position #744019 - CU Careers Requisition #12750
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Kempe Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect, has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Instructional Designer.
Nature of Work:
The State of Colorado's Department of Human Services (CDHS), contracts with the Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect, to serve as the Central Management Organization (CMO) for Colorado's Child Welfare Training System (CWTS). The mission of the CWTS is to provide competency-based learning opportunities for Colorado's children, youth, and family serving personnel - by designing, developing, and delivering educational opportunities, through a regionalized structure.
The CWTS needs an instructional designer who is equipped to respond to the system's adult learning needs through the creation and provision of multiple dynamic learning methods and structures - those which maximize technology, promote diversity, and engage learners in dynamic interactions that boost skills. Qualified candidates will be able to design and evaluate cutting-edge, evidence-based, learning opportunities and outcomes.
Examples of Duties:
- Exercises discretion and manages the design and development of innovative, dynamic, engaging, culturally inclusive online and classroom trainings
- Applies advanced analytical skills to designs and develops web-based training library and course shells to streamline project's ongoing design and development needs and resources
- Innovates graphic materials for specific learning and communication products and project marketing
- Manages the creation of engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances transfer of learning and learning retention, autonomously and accountably
- Directs, with discretion, subject matter experts to identify target audience's learning needs
- Articulates instructional end goals and design content and methods that exceed expectations
- Visualizes, innovates and explains instructional graphics, user interfaces and the finished products
- Autonomously manages instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $50,000 to $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Educational Systems or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- 2 years' experience designing adult education materials for the classroom and online instruction.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis. Experience substituted for the Bachelor's degree cannot be applied to the additional (2) years' experience requirement.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10-panel drug test
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal and sex offender background check
- Master's Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Systems or related field.
- 3+ years' experience designing adult education materials for classroom and online instruction
- Experience creating content that can be applied in the field of child welfare; in collaboration with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and team members.
- Experience creating effective evaluation methods and tools that foster learner development by providing opportunities to demonstrate their mastery of the learning goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Possess interdisciplinary knowledge, cross-cultural competency, as well as commitment and passion for learning and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and apply research to boast good analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information from various sources.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Kasey Matz at: email@example.com
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20932 - SOM-PEDS Kempe-GenOps
Posting Date: Mar 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kasey Matz
Posting Contact Email: Kasey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00744019