Nature of Work
This position is responsible for checking in patients, triaging acute care visits, assisting providers with medical procedures, assisting with medical supply inventory, collecting lab specimens, and assisting with front desk operations as needed.
Position is full time, 40 hours/week, year round. Typical hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm with flexibility for clinic coverage when needed.
Examples of Work Performed
- Checks in patients prior to seeing medical provider
• - Obtains lab specimens and notifies providers when results received
• - Assists with clinic inventory and orders medical supplies when needed
• - Tracks abnormal labs and assists provider in contacting those patients
• - Communicates with patients needing follow up exams, appointments, and other health care needs
• - Notifies patients of normal lab and radiograph results at providers request
• - Gives immunizations as outlined in clinic protocols
• - Assists with biohazardous waste disposal
• - Answers phone and schedules appointments after triaging needs of patients
• - Triages walk-in requests for appointments
• - Assists providers with medical emergencies that arise in clinic until EMT's arrive
• - Works with students to comply with MMR requirement
• - Disinfects exam rooms on a daily basis
• - Stocks exam rooms on a weekly or as needed basis
- Lifting, including assisting patients and stocking supplies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• - Excellent organization, customer service, and communication skills.
• - Ability to collaborate with on campus departments and community agencies
• - Ability to multi-task multiple projects at a given time
• - Ability to work independently
• - Ability to triage acute care versus routine care
• - Ability to provide injections without supervision
• - Able to run in house CLIA waived labs
- Attention to details
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
$32,000 - $34,000 annual
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
• - High school diploma
• - Completion of Medical Assistant program and/or 2 years experience working as back office MA
• - BLS certification
• - Registered Medical Assistant
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by March 22, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40226 - UCSS-AUX-Student Health Ctr
Posting Date: Mar 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Billie Jo Battiste
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00743725