Clinical Research Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
SOM/DOM-Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care Medicine
Professional Research Assistant: Clinical Research Coordinator
Position #670553- Requisition 12861
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Nature of Work:
This is a 100% FTE position for a Clinical Research Coordinator for the Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) Program as a component of the Comprehensive Lungs and Breathing (CLB) program at University of Colorado Hospital. This position will work closely with the faculty of the ILD Program to help develop novel clinical research programs within the CLB.
This full-time position will primarily manage a clinical research database and bio-repository for the ILD Program and will help oversee clinical research programs as part of the ILD Program within the CLB. A secondary role will be to coordinate ILD focused clinical trials and research projects for the ILD Program.
Examples of work performed:
1. Clinical Research Database and Bio-repository Development
- Managing a clinical research database for patients with, or at risk for, ILD
- Managing a clinical research specimen bio-repository
- Collaborating with ILD investigators to screen, consent and enroll patients into the database
- Collecting, processing and storing biological samples for research
- Longitudinal data entry and maintenance
2. Research Regulatory Management
- All regulatory activities required to implement and maintain the clinical research endeavors as part of the ILD Program in the CLB.
3. Serve as a research coordinator for ILD clinical trials
- Overall compliance with the policy and procedures for conducting good clinical trials
- Medication compliance tracking and coordinating protocol procedures
- Conducting study visits for clinical trials
- Assessment of adverse drug reactions and other serious adverse events
- Preparing and submitting compliance documentation for the institutional review board
- Submission to the Human Research Subjects Portal for UCH-RSS review and approval
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience with coordinating and managing administrative and clinical research activities, preferably in a university research setting.
- Previous grant and/or contract experience preferred.
- Prior phlebotomy experience and certification
- Experience in budgets preparation and oversight
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Demonstrated experience with creating and maintaining clinical research projects and clinical trials
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with research database management (e.g. REDCap)
- This position requires a high level of proficiency with computers and use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and other University and Departmental systems as required.
- Knowledge and experience with IRB policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires independent judgment as well as self-directed work capabilities.
- This position requires extensive experience with managing multiple projects and someone who can effectively multi-task
- Ability to establish work priorities and handle multiple deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and documents and maintain strict confidentiality in all HIPAA matters
- Ability to plan, implement, and coordinate financial and administrative activities.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with patients.
- Ability to use various computer systems and software applications.
- Ability to initiate and maintain effective lines of communication with other areas/departments/sponsors.
Special Instructions to Applicants:REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1) A letter of applicaiton which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualfiications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references-this list can be included on your resume/CV.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATON DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by Monday, March 19, 2018. Those who do not apply by March 19, 2018 may or may not be considered. Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12861
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Mar 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lina Stanchev
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00670553