JOB NO.: 93705-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time, Temporary
Department: ENGR/ENGR PROF DEVELOPMENT
Categories: Engineering, Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 93705-AS
Working Title: Marketing Specialist
Official Title: MARKETING SPECIALIST(S74DN) or ASSOC MARKETING SPEC(S74FN)
Hiring Department: A199500-COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING/ENGR PROF DEVELOPMENT
Anticipated Begin Date: APRIL 01, 2018
Term: This position will end on MARCH 31, 2019.
Minimum $32,200 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Strategic Communications or other related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
At least 1 year experience developing and/or executing successful targeted marketing campaigns via one or more of the following channels: (1) print mail, (2) email, (3) website, and (4) networking media. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment. This person will work within an existing marketing team supporting the organization's continuing education and degree programs.
The ideal candidate will have these core skills and competencies:
1. Proven ability to communicate in a timely, effective manner with external and internal clients.
2. Attention to details, and a commitment to accuracy.
3. Strong organizational and project management skills.
4. Ability to understand customer segmentation strategies that contribute to the success of larger strategic marketing plans.
5. High level of proficiency with leading spreadsheet and database software (e.g., Excel).
6. Analytical skills necessary to compile, and deliver relevant data-driven reports that yield useful insights with respect to marketing effectiveness including web analytics.
A successful candidate may also have one or more of these skills:
1. Experience with direct mail marketing campaigns, list selection, and managing mail plans.
2. Experience with third-party e-marketing platforms such as iContact, Constant Contact, or comparable products.
3. Experience with web development concepts, including firsthand experience with WordPress or other leading content management systems.
4. Experience with social marketing, including direct experience with LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other leading platforms.
5. Experience responding quickly to the needs of diverse clients/customers.
License or certificate:
The mission of the Department of Engineering Professional Development (EPD) at UW-Madison is to improve the practice of engineering and related professions for the benefit of society by providing objective continuing education to working professional, conducting and disseminating research, and enhancing the public's understanding of science and technology. As a member of EPD's Marketing and Communications staff, this full-time position is responsible for supporting EPD's mail campaigns, both direct mail and email, including measuring effectiveness and providing tactical decisions to increase future effectiveness. The specialist will also provide digital marketing campaign support and assist with web development, maintenance, analytics, and networking media marketing. The specialist will work under the Director of Marketing and support EPD's Program Directors as a member of the member of the department's Marketing Team.
This is a terminal position expected to last for one year from appointment date; with a possibility of an extension of up to an additional year, and the possibility of a change to fixed term renewable status if there is a need for an ongoing appointment and/or funding becomes available.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. To apply for this position, you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. For more information on the department, please visit our website: https://epd.wisc.edu
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Mar 7 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 21 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time