Clerkship Program Coordinator
Salary: $44,200 - $87,200
Title: Clerkship Program Coordinator
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Undergrad Medical Ed
Date Posted: 03/07/2018
Position Information: The Clerkship Coordinator works in a team environment to coordinate all aspects of the daily operations of the clerkship program for medical students to complete their medical rotations curriculum. The clerkships consist of medical students rotating through various clinical settings with affiliates in medical centers/community environments under the supervision of UCR clinical faculty. This position resides in the Office of Medical Education (OME) whom manages undergraduate medical education clerkships as well as rotations for undergraduate medical education and graduate medical education. Under supervision of the Clerkship Program Directors, the Clerkship Program Coordinator manages all day-to-day operational aspects for the Clinical Medical Student Clerkship Program and participates in long-range planning and development of the program, manages and coordinates student placement, provides analytical and programmatic support to the director, and serves as a resource to Clerkship students in logistical matters. Additional responsibilities include assisting faculty with incoming medical clerkship students, ensuring the initial paperwork and other requirements are met; rotation scheduling and providing other support necessary to ensure a quality program.
Minimum Requirements: Excellent organizational skills, analytical, and demonstrated attention to detail. Ability to work with extremely complex faculty calendars/schedules requires extremely well organized and detail oriented precision.
Basic knowledge of relevant policies and regulatory requirements. Basic knowledge of health professions education industry.
Investigative, data analysis, and reporting skills. Ability to generate computer reports, checking for errors, correcting and submitting accurate reports. Skills include entering, maintaining, extracting, and analyzing data in electronic systems.
Basic knowledge of administrative analysis and operations research. Acquiring skills in developing and implementing processes and systems. Familiarity with the administrative and operational implications in a program.
Communication skills; includes verbal, written and active listening. Service oriented and responsive to questions and requests. Ability to interact in a professional, resourceful, and courteous manner.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships within department and with learners.
Ability to multi-task.
Skills in judgment, decision-making and problem solving.
Demonstrates professional behavior by exhibiting sound work habits, having thorough knowledge of policies/procedures, employing proper communication between programs and departments.
Promotes teamwork and provides a sense of leadership by participating in various integral committees with the department and the institution.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of educational technology and systems. Ability to troubleshoot and triages related technology issues.
Knowledge of college/school policies, procedures and requirements.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview