Bicycle Pedestrian Coordinator
Posting Number NC1005P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/25883
Working Title Bicycle Pedestrian Coordinator
Position Number 16508
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land-grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding Northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate-leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page https://sustainability.uark.edu/
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Bicycle Pedestrian Coordinator will develop city-wide bicycle and pedestrian education and encouragement efforts, by using social media and conducting public presentations; maintain the City Bicycling webpage as well as bike.uark.edu; assist the Univerity of Arkansas (UA)/City departments and other external stakeholders to encourage bicycle and pedestrian events; maintain bicycle and pedestrian-friendly certifications for UA/City; research, recommend, and implement programs that have resulted in increased walk/bike rates for other communities; and other duties as assigned.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture Planning, Environmental Science, Sustainability, or a related field from a college or university
- At least six months of applied experience in transportation planning
- Valid Driver's License
- Certified League Cycling Instructor (LCI) or could attain certification from the League of American Bicyclists within 12 months of hire
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? Yes
If yes, please specify Valid Driver's License plus certified League Cycling Instructor (LCI) or could attain certification from the League of American Bicyclists within 12 months of hire
- At least one year of applied experience
- Experience with mapping and/or graphic design software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of objectives and principles of transportation planning, funding, and design with an emphasis on bicycle and pedestrian transportation
- Basic knowledge of graphic design software such as the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Effective communication skills with others orally and in writing
- Proficient skills in the use of a computer and software programs such as word processing applications, spreadsheet applications, and presentation software applications
- Must be proficient in all social media outlets and have the ability to respond to online public requests and concerns in a professional and productive manner
- Able to meet required deadlines while working on a variety of projects
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general planning periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, design plans, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write professional reports and business correspondence
- Ability to prepare and present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the public
- Ability to compile and analyze data with great attention to detail from a variety of sources in order to prepare clear, accurate reports from such information
- Ability to be a strategic thinker and the ability to work as a team member and leader as well as ability to work independently
- Able to effectively operate standard office equipment
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Facilities Management
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? Yes
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
- MVR check
- Drug screening
Does this position require a substance abuse test? Yes
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 03/22/2018
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture Planning, Environmental Science, Sustainability, or a related field from a college or University?
Do you have at least six months of applied experience in transportation planning?
Do you have a valid driver's license?
Are you a certified League Cycling Instructor (LCI)?
If you are not certified as a League Cycling Instructor (LCI), could you attain certification from the League of American Bicyclists within 12 months of hire?
Do you have at least one year of applied experience?
Do you have experience working with ArcView GIS mapping or other related software?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status