Requisition Number STA - 201000000598
Job Title Administrative Coordinator
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Administrative Coordinator .
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This is senior level responsible administrative office work. An employee in this class performs a variety of administrative support tasks that are non-routine and non-repetitive in nature, and require the use of considerable independent judgment and initiative. The individual is usually responsible for determining methods and procedures to be used, priority of assignments, and necessity for review by an administrator. Work includes public contact in interpreting and promoting the department's programs and rendering administrative decisions. Work is performed under general supervision, with assignments typically reflecting continuing responsibility for designated activities. An employee in this class may supervise full-time and part-time employees.
This is senior level responsible administrative office work in the Office of Student Affairs. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Student Access and Success for Student Affairs.
(These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in positions allocated to this class). Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the operations of the Office of Student Affairs and the Dean of Students.
- Provides oral and written interpretations of policies and procedures.
- Develops, schedules, and plans the processing of work.
- Coordinates the gathering of information and preparation of schedules, reports, and analyses.
- Plans or edits brochures or official publications.
- Supervises inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains personnel, payroll, and budget records.
- Organizes, assigns, trains, and supervises the work of others.
- Performs secretarial functions for an administrator.
- Assists in accounting for funds expended and to be spent for supplies, equipment and personnel.
- Assists in preparation of annual budgets.
- Supervises the maintenance of departmental facilities.
- Prepares correspondence and conducts personal interviews.
- Serves as departmental representative in meetings and interdepartmental contacts.
- Prepares purchase orders and approves invoices for equipment and supplies.
- Approves travel vouchers and accounts for the expenditure of travel funds.
- Makes recommendations for and implements changes in policies and procedures.
- Coordinates arrangements for conferences, programs, meetings, special events.
- Provides administrative support for special projects and accreditation management.
- Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Supervises day to day duties of parking student workers.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Associate's Degree and three years of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) University operating procedures, organization and policies.
- Knowledge of business principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of electronic information systems and accounting systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, COGNOS, etc.)
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to keep complex records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to act with considerable initiative.
- Supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures and security measures related to work performed and work supervised.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
8:30am - 5:30pm
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- 1 less than 2
- 2 less than 3
- 3 less than 4
- 4 less than 5
- 5 less than 6
- 6 less than 7
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)