Continuing Education Manager
Reporting to the Dean of the Hunter College School of Social Work, the candidate will design, develop and implement continuing professional education & workforce development. In addition to the CUNY Title overview, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Identify and formulate strategic plans and priorities for continuing professional education & workforce development
- Ensure compliance with the State guidelines for Continuing Education Certification
- Create opportunities for the implementation of intra and inter agency conferences
- Assess pre/post MSW training needs to help design and develop continuing education program
- Determine need, interest and support for the formation of new certificate or workforce initiatives
- Consults with the Dean and Assistant Dean for approvals on staffing and continuing education program development
- Develop budget, produce reports and supervise staff for all SSW continuing education programs
- Coordinate with technical staff to develop evaluation tools and program materials
- Provide outreach and marketing of new programs alumni, community organizations, governmental agencies and other educational institutions
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Dean
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
Preferred Qualifications An MSW with 5 years of professional experience working in program development/management Experience of working with diverse teams and constituencies. Demonstrated project management skills, including fiscal management and report writing. A minimum of 3 years of experience delivering professional development programs to adult learners A candidate must have excellent oral, written and computer skills and experience with data and managing outcomes -focused projects.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the Continuing Education Office and designs, develops, and implements instructional programs and activities, coordinating with other College support systems.
- Oversees the general operation of the Continuing Education Office; hires and manages staff; oversees registration, payments, and other office activities
- Designs and makes recommendations to Director for academic, outreach, general training, and certificate programs
- Develops and writes grant proposals
- Hires faculty and coordinates teaching schedules
- Observes classes, analyzes student evaluations, and performs faculty evaluations
- Orients new faculty and acts as liaison to resolve faculty issues
- Plans and implements advertising campaigns and designs marketing and other program materials
- Maintains financial information such as tuition payments, material costs, and faculty payroll
- Develops mailing lists and analyzes marketing strategies and student profiles
- Acts as a liaison between the Continuing Education Office and other internal and external units on co-operative and co-sponsored programs.
Job Title Name: Continuing Education Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin March 21, 2018.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
Job Title: Continuing Education Manager (School of Social Work)
Job ID: 17937
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.