Evaluator, Graduate Nursing Leadership and Management
The Evaluators work is critical to each student’s experience and success at WGU.
This is a part-time work from home position with the following flexible schedule:
- 20-28 hours per week.
- At least 5 days worked each week, includes some weekend work.
- Minimum 2 hour long working sessions.
Our Evaluators are eligible for our part-time benefits package which includes items such as:
- Performance plus Bonus
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Generous tuition discount for employee and family.
- Apply subject matter expertise and experience utilizing a rubric.
- Craft personalized robust feedback to support accurate scoring of student responses and in the support of student progress.
- Must achieve departmental goals for turnaround time of 72 hours or less.
- Create and implement methods to improve student success and evaluation processes.
- Partners with other faculty and departments to provide closed loop feedback on programs and assessments regarding trends within student submissions.
- Subject matter expertise and appropriate advanced degree(s)/credential(s) relevant to evaluation content area
- Work experience relevant to evaluation content area, strongly preferred
- Strong understanding, acceptance and adherence to the tenets of competency-based education and the split faculty model
- Advanced strength in written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to discern evidence of competency within student submissions, including unexpected forms of response
- Demonstrated ability to use technology, adapt quickly to new processes and manage complex cognitive loads
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure validity and reliability of evaluation across multiple raters, including deferring to the guidance of the team, course lead or supervisor/manager.
- Demonstrated ability to properly identify and refer student submissions for escalated care including but not limited to professional communication (i.e., articulation), originality, excellence awards, support in opening student submissions, content assistance, technology support.
- Problem solving skills: Investigates appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate. Future oriented. Assesses what will help or hinder achieving goals. Focuses on what is important.
- Interpersonal skills: Deals with others in a considerate, respectful, and unbiased manner. Approaches conflict proactively. Solicits and shares feedback openly. Listens with empathy and maintains composure.
- Accuracy: Draws on facts collected from a broad knowledge of WGU’s goals and processes.
- Adaptability: Corrects behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations. Tackles obstacles appropriately. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Reliability: Accountable to others; does what it takes to get the job done. Actions are consistent with words. Follows through on commitments. Exhibits exceptional integrity.
- Attitude: Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth. Is self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others. Asserts self appropriately to champion ideas. Tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
- Initiative: Self-directs with a strong tendency for action. Leads the way to improve performance or processes. Displays keen interest in students and organization.
- Terminal Degree in a field related to nursing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years nursing experience, nursing education experience desired.
WORK FROM HOME, United States