Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst
Job Number: 78169
The mission of the Office of Facilities Planning and Management (OFPM) in the School of Medicine (SoM) is to plan for and manage the facilities needs of the Stanford School of Medicine community in the areas of facilities operations, capital planning and budgeting projects from programming through occupancy, space inventory, facility assets, and health and safety. In the pursuit of this mission the office has an immediate opening for a Business Analyst who is energetic and loves a challenge.
Our ideal candidate will represent OFPM at the Oracle AS meetings and collaborate with Stanford business units like LBRE, EHS, ITS, and VSC to champion requirements needed for the School of Medicine. This position will act as a liaison between business and technical teams working closely with functional leaders and subject matter experts to document business processes, identify business requirements, deliver/implement functionalities, and provide support to our business users. This role also requires impeccable listening and communication skills with a good understanding of how technology can be used to solve business challenges.
The Business Analyst will support the Engineering and Maintenance group with Oracle EAM, Inventory, and Procurement modules, as well as the MobileApp application. This position will be expected to gather business requirements for new or changing functionality, working with A.S. team to translate those requirements into tangible system functionalities that can be implemented and easily adopted. This position will also be responsible for creating test cases/test scripts, executing the test scripts, and providing staff with training and support materials as necessary.
On the reporting side, the Business Analyst will need to be familiar with tools like BI and Tableau, to create reports and dashboards that can visually display key business metrics. This position will participate in reporting system upgrades, enhancements and change requests, as well as planning, conducting and documenting testing results. Additionally, the Business Analyst will also be responsible for evaluating new tools and creating prototypes to improve business efficiency.
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
- Analyze new business requirements and assist with the feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use, and user needs.
- Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Review, research, and evaluate software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system design documentation.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
- Develop instructional materials, training and job aids.
- Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems.
- Analyze data and provide data sets to users for analysis. May include development of operational and analytical reports for end users.
- Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations.
- Coordinate the implementation of new or modified business systems.
- Experienced with Oracle Financial systems, specifically with eAM, Inventory, and Procurement modules
- Recognized for strong customer focus, business process understanding, user requirements definition, technical consulting, negotiating skills and teamwork
- Recognized for strong analytical skills and performed many data/functionality gaps between current and new systems
- Expertise in creating BI reporting solutions with data sourcing, system integration, and dashboards/reports creation
- Experience with Excel VB, PLSQL, databases, OBIEE, FileMaker, and other multi-dimensional reporting tools
- Ability to pick up new tools and create sample proof of concepts to demonstrate how the tool can meet a specific need.
- Ability to pull data from various sources and perform data integration.
Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Skill in developing and conducting training programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Work extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.