Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Advancement
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an individual who will provide administrative support for the Vice President of Advancement and manages projects of significance in the Advancement Department and works on behalf of the Vice President for internal and external constituencies. The successful candidate will possess a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, management skills, independent thinking ability, initiative, self-motivation and discretion with sensitive information.
* Coordinates and assists with various project planning efforts and project management efforts for the Advancement Office
* Execution of stated goals and objectives, supports general program operations, and supports Vice President with personnel matters and problem solving
* Instrumental in assisting the Vice President with development of a high-functioning and cohesive team
* Assists with the comprehensive campaign, works with the campaign chair, leadership volunteers and overall planning
* Monitors and drafts campaign correspondence for Board of Governors members, campaign donors and key volunteers
* Maintains campaign timetable including communication with key external constituent groups, internal staff and faculty
* Assists Vice President in preparing for campaign events including travel plans, setting up donor visits and presentations
* Develops positive relations with all constituencies and serves as primary contact for University offices and to external constituencies, for both public and confidential communications
* Oversees the quarterly management of the Vice President’s donor portfolio
* Manages the Vice President’s correspondence to NWU staff/faculty, donors, Board of Governor members, members of the President’s Board of Advisors, business community leaders from draft copy and direct instructions and frequently composes and edits correspondence, reports and memorandums for Vice President
* Maintains the Vice President’s calendar and serves as scheduler for the Vice President
* Transcribes call reports for the Vice President from donor visits
* Coordinates travel arrangements for Vice President as well as special guests of the University at the request of the Vice President
* Maintains and updates department files
* Three to five years of previous experience as an executive assistant performing similar duties
* Must have experience drafting correspondence for a variety of constituents for a senior level administrator
* Must have experience and knowledge in project management, planning, and scheduling
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
* Demonstrated experience with Audio Visual equipment
* Must have experience in coordinating travel plans, coordination of events and stops during travel, as well as being well versed in various forms of transportation and basic geography
* Must be able to work with students, faculty, staff and administration and understand their needs as well as utilize independent judgement on how to build relationships and respond on behalf of the Vice President
* Be able to set and achieve goals related to time lines, project management and event oversight.
* Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, adaptable, flexible, and work with multiple interruptions.
* Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references to Maria Harder at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu