CyberPatriot Project Specialist
Coastline Community College
CyberPatriot Project Specialist
Salary: $50,686.56 - $61,667.23 Annually
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cccd/jobs/1916830/cyberpatriot-project-specialist?keywords=CyberPatriot%20Project%20Specialist&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Coordinates and provides technical, administrative, and logistics support to the setup and conduct of training programs, workshops, competitions, and other events as part of the Cyber Patriot program that is designed to encourage high school students to select computer security education and careers.
The CyberPatriot Project Specialist is a technical support position which is specifically designed to support a program that trains through workshops, classroom, and competition venues, up-and-coming IT technicians to specialize in computer security. The program named 'CyberPatriot' is specially funded to identify and recruit students into educational tracks within IT and specifically to internet, network, and data security. The Specialist requires user support and basic network skills. Advancement from this position is possible to user and applications support within the information technology environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to:
• Coordinates and assists in planning, scheduling, and conducting 'CyberPatriot' program training courses, workshops, competitions, events, and information sessions involving faculty, school administrators, and teachers in addition to the students.
• Participates in identifying and recommending teachers, presenters, and speakers who have extended knowledge of or can contribute curriculum and instruction to the CyberPatriot program.
• Reaches out to the local school districts to provide proactive information and supporting materials to students about the college programs and specifically the CyberPatriot Program opportunities.
• Assists and participates in the CyberPatriot competitions throughout the College's community. Represents the College and the program in • CyberPatriot events. Follows up on availability of awards, hospitality, and other services connected to the events.
• Prepares, for review and edit, and distributes CyberPatriot informational materials within the college, to high schools, and to outside resources.
• Performs administrative and clerical support to the program that includes and is not limited to student information, program compliance, registrations and fee transactions, and correspondence and reporting.
• Maintains and updates budget information for the CyberPatriot grant. Receives monthly fiscal reports, assists with notification of administrator and other staff responsible for budget information of any concerns or immediate needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
Knowledge and Skills
The position requires working technical knowledge of personal computer operations, including the relationship and usage of various input and output components, business and education-specific applications, and terminology. Requires a working knowledge of operating systems commonly used in office environments with data privacy needs. Requires knowledge of the protocols and procedures for setting up computer workstations, troubleshooting and performing routine maintenance. Requires a basic knowledge of personal computer based local area networks, network operations, connectivity between servers, and integration of data and telecommunications. Requires working knowledge of modern office practices including correspondence, data and file management. Monitors program budgets, organizes meetings and conferences, and processes transactions for registrations, goods, and services. Requires sufficient communication skills to conduct technical assistance on the use and application of PC-based business and education, internet, utility, and connectivity software. Requires skill at initiating contact with customers and conducting in-service type trainings with small groups. Requires sufficient writing skill to document technical procedures and prepare routine correspondence.
Requires the ability to perform the accountabilities of the position. Requires the ability to organize and carry out administrative support in a transaction or outreach-oriented function. Requires the ability to troubleshoot networked computer workstations, systems, and programs used in department-specific, education, and general administrative areas. Requires the ability to install and configure computer components such as, but not limited to, cards and drives. Requires the ability to analyze data and evaluate the needs of users and develop the alternative solutions to problems and needs. Requires the ability to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and timetables. Requires the ability to read, interpret and apply complex technical information including equipment and network diagrams. Requires the ability to give one-on-one and small group training in the use of computers and business and instructional software. Requires ability to travel to local events throughout the community. Requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Education and Experience
The position requires an Associate's degree in information technology or business and two years of experience in help desk, workstation support, or administrative support. Or, any combination of education and experience that meet the required qualifications.
Licenses and Certificates
Requires a valid driver license and the ability to transport equipment to and from work sites.
Conditions of Employment
This is a temporary, full-time, categorically-funded, 12-month per year position. The normal hours of work will be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with some flexibility to meet the needs of the program, travel to local events and occasional Saturdays may be required. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.