Admin Support III
Admin Support III
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Under the general direction of the Director of Admissions, performs and/or oversees a variety of associated administrative tasks. Tasks include but are not limited to fiscal management, staff support, and limited activity planning. Some tasks will require advanced or specialized knowledge and skills, such as budget administration, facilities scheduling, inventory control, specialized record keeping, and/or specified information-gathering. Coordinates and facilitates meetings, program functions, and/or special events for the Director. Trains and oversees lower graded staff and/or students in regards to purchasing policy and event scheduling.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree related to the Summary of Duties or any combination of education and/or experience totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of best practices in communication and appropriate matters of etiquette in various correspondence including email and phone.
- Knowledge of financial record keeping and audit practices.
- Skill in office methods, techniques, practices, procedures, and organization.
- Skill in the use of computers and computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet, databases, and presentations.
- Skill in the preparation and interpretation of reports, charts, graphs, and tables.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and phone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative support duties with minimum supervision with the ability to follow oral and written procedures and instructions.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Skill in meeting and working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to plan and anticipate potential changes and act accordingly.
- Ability to enact strategic changes affecting multiple stakeholders, including high-level university leadership.
- Ability to work weekends on occasion as necessary, including evenings, and holidays.
Knowledge of Banner financial screens, UVU purchasing policy,
General office environment requires ability to see, hear, speak, fine hand manipulation, sit for extended periods of time with occasional walking, standing, reaching, bending. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
You may be eligible for a 3 credit hour or 1 class tuition waiver after 6 consecutive months of employment and a minimum of 475 hours worked. Dependents do not qualify for a waiver.
Pay Range: $25,665 to $32,082
Advertisement Number: STA66818 Enrollment Management Staff 03/19/2018
Open Date: 03/06/2018
Review Start Date: 03/12/2018
Close Date: 3/19/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/5688
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.