Women's Head Volleyball Coach
Women's Head Volleyball Coach
Posting Number: 0000765
PS Position#: 00000401
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale and is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the college-sponsored, women's volleyball program.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instruct student athletes individually or in groups in techniques of volleyball.
- Organize and execute effective team practice and coaching.
- Assess volleyball players' skills and assign team positions.
- Evaluate own and opposing team capabilities to determine winning game strategy.
- Participate in scheduling, planning, and travel arrangements for away competition.
- Identify, evaluate, and encourage application and acceptance of student athletes in accordance with College, NJCAA, and Region policies and regulations.
- Monitor team budget; purchase and ensure maintenance of volleyball equipment and uniforms.
- Effectively manage and evaluate assistant coach.
- Participate in speaking engagements for the college and support community initiatives.
- Instruct physical education courses and perform collateral departmental duties as required.
- Ability to foster relationships with alumni, community members, and donors.
- Monitor expenditures against budget; prepares budget data for review/approval by Athletic Director.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Physical Education or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level and/or experience competing as an athlete at the collegiate level
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of the skills and techniques of the sport at the collegiate level
- Knowledge of the strategy of the sport at the collegiate level of competition
- Valid driver’s license
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Physical Education or related field
- Coaching and/or recruiting experience as Head Coach or Assistant Coach at the collegiate level
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references in the Reference section of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/4749
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.