Adjunct Faculty, Healthcare Leadership Program
The role of adjunct faculty in the Healthcare Leadership Program is to teach students in the six Master's concentrations. Our courses are offered in three main formats including lecture, online, and hybrid. You will be provided with a pre-designed Canvas "course container". The course container will provide certain elements that you may not change including course title and description, as well as course learning outcomes and the course gradebook. The course container will also provide a syllabus template for you to design your course syllabus. University College works with Baseline Faculty Expectations which reside in four categories: before classes begin, course management, and course engagement, and communication. These are to help apply best practices in teaching.
These are non-benefited positions.
- Master's degree in a healthcare related field or a Master's degree and healthcare industry experience.
- Successful college/university teaching experience with adults.
- Work or academic experience congruent with the content of a course or courses offered within our Healthcare Leadership Program.
- Terminal degree in a healthcare related field or a terminal degree and healthcare industry experience
- Recognition of professional accomplishment in an area of expertise related to course or courses offered within our Healthcare Leadership Program
- Publication in the healthcare field
- Professional presentations related to the healthcare field
- Licensing and/or certification by professional organizations
- Completion of an education/training program on adult learning or internship with a mentor
- Adult training experience in the healthcare field.
Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed for the 2018-2019 academic year. Preference will be given to early applications.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.