Program Coordinator, Center for Professional Development
Reporting to the Associate Director, Center for Professional Development (CPD), the Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting in all facets of the planning and delivery of CPD programs, courses, and events, including facilities scheduling, administrative and faculty support, on-site management, and customer service. The Program Coordinator will work collaboratively with the CPD team and University partners to deliver best-in-class service support and continuing and non-credit programming.
- Provide high quality customer service to prospective and enrolled students and internal and external stakeholders, including problem solving and conflict resolution, over the phone, via email, and in person.
- Collaborates closely with the Associate Director on, or individually leads, management and delivery of CPD courses and events, including:
- Course/event management: overall coordination, facilities scheduling and management, catering, parking, technical support, engagement with internal and external stakeholders, and pre- and post-event communication.
- Faculty support and management: manage/process necessary hiring documents, solicit/manage faculty information for print collateral and promotion, coordinate course material production and delivery, course media, and faculty communication.
- Perform administrative functions to support CPD programming, including course credentialing and reporting, certificate creation and distribution, and meeting scheduling and preparation.
- Gather, assemble, and report CPD performance data and metrics, including enrollment, course roster, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of CPD courses and events, including website review and maintenance.
- Collaborate with University College's marketing team to help manage social media and with other units to coordinate messaging.
- Work professionally and collaboratively with a range of University College teams (Student Support, Marketing, etc.) and University of Denver academic units and departments.
- Maintains and manages CPD records, databases, files, and office and event supplies.
- Assists in oversight of and direction of student/hourly workers, particularly in delegating routine tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passion for higher education, professional development and community engagement.
- Outstanding attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal, written, organizational, and ability to tactfully respond to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deliver the highest quality customer service over the phone, in writing, and in person.
- Demonstrated skills in being resourceful, professionally flexible, and ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to confidently manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously and often with a short turnaround time.
- Pro-active at taking initiative, improving processes, and contributing ideas for improvement.
- Team player who is easy to work with and exhibits energy and enthusiasm.
- Adept at problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation.
- Ability to work varied hours including some nights and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work and education experience.
- Two years of experience in an administrative or customer service setting.
- Event management experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and/or Google Docs suite.
- Registration management system and/or related technology software and platforms experience.
- Professional experience in higher education or academic setting.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Web site management experience.
Monday to Friday, 8am-4:30pm, some evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on Friday, March 9, 2018. Applications may be reviewed until position filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact
Please include the following documents with your application:
- A Cover Letter is required to be fully considered for this role.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.