Adminstrative Assistant II
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the overall operation of the Technology Services Department, including a variety of administrative duties that require an extensive working knowledge of Florida Polytechnic University. Position demonstrates proficiency in general and moderately complex administrative functions of a unit, including serving as a resource on issues, policies and procedures, maintaining inventory or facilities, approving fiscal transactions, performing procurement tasks, and contributing to the development of unit systems and processes.
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed:
· Responds to routine and moderately complex questions or issues regarding policies, procedures, and processes and ensures compliance at the unit level.
· May coordinate particular support activities within an office or provide direct support to faculty or management staff.
· Coordinates travel arrangements, makes reservations, and processes reimbursements.
· Prepares, reviews, and performs input of human resources documents and data.
· Drafts correspondence and reports.
· Creates or maintains unit filing systems or workflows.
· Maintains office supply inventory, interacts with vendors, or serves as unit contact for space, equipment or facility issues.
· Performs or approves fiscal transactions; monitors and maintains budgets and processes revisions.
· Collects and organizes information for grant proposals or reports.
· Conducts research or analysis and provides input or recommendations for problem resolution.
· Coordinates events or special administrative projects.
· Handles purchasing, contracts, expenses, obtaining quotes, processing purchase orders, and processing payments for purchases.
· Take meeting minutes and distribute to participants.
· Attend meetings, prepare meeting notes and participate as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably Workday.
· Ability to conduct business transactions and perform simple research work by email and/or telephone.
· Demonstrated client service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
· Working knowledge of, or ability to, quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures.
· Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
· Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
· Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
· Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
· Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work with a diverse set of suppliers to gain necessary quotes for equipment and service needs.
· Reconciles open purchase orders upon receipt of equipment or services.
· Research and verify any shipment or invoice discrepancies as needed.
· Ability to create and maintain department contracts spreadsheet with pertinent contract information.
· Provide office operations support such as scheduling meetings, maintaining supervisor's calendar, maintaining record-keeping systems, opening and reviewing incoming mail, copying, scanning, filing and responding to inquiries.
· Keeps abreast of changes in policies and procedures and implements necessary changes to office processes.
· Assist with emerging projects as required.
· Answer questions and directs internal and external inquiries. Attend meetings and participate as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent and six years of appropriate experience; Bachelor's degree and 4 years of relevant experience; Master's degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
Advanced level of experience in technology servicing and terminology.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $16.14 - $17.60, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.