Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Part-time Grants Manager position. A viable candidate will have strong analytical, technological, communication and organizational skills. The Grants Manager will provide leadership and direction for programs funded by federal, state, and private funds; oversee the financial administration of federal, state, and private grants; ensure that the Principal Investigator accomplishes his or her approved program initiatives; and that the department meets compliance and reporting requirements. In addition, this position will assist in the budget development process and perform budget analysis duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
The Grants Manager must have a thorough knowledge of GAAP principles and applications. The Grants Manager will be responsible in establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with co-workers and staff members at all levels of Dominican University. The work schedule for this position is 20 hours per week.
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor; oversee special audits conducted by grantor and annual A-133 audit.
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to:
- preparation and timely submission of grant applications and reports.
- development and adjustment of associated budgets.
- coordination of budgeted funds, screening and processing requests for expenditures.
- ensuring the timely application for reimbursement from the state.
- Serve as a liaison with the principal investigators and other departments on issues regarding grants.
- Monitor interventions and programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with grantor guidelines.
- Assist in evaluating the fiscal administration of grant programs.
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications, application amendments, and budget transfers.
- Prepare monthly statement of position account reconciliations in accordance with Dominican University policies.
- Provide explanations, documentation and support for external or credit related auditors during their required audits.
- Prepare monthly internal and external grant reports.
- Cross train and work closely with other team members so that we function as a cohesive and high performing team.
- Track and report quarterly sales and use tax returns.
- Manage debt repayment schedule and initiate wire transfers for bond payments.
- Drawdown federal funds as authorized based upon disbursements.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining documentation of policies and procedures and identify areas of improvement.
- Actively seek and implement ways to improve, streamline and automate the current accounting processes.
- Perform special projects requiring analysis of data, as needed.
- Bachelor’s in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in accounting or comparable experience.
- Proficiency with state and federal tax and regulatory codes relating to tax exempt entities.
- Must have knowledge of accounting software.
- Experience in establishing and implementing financial and operational policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Works and collaborates well within a team environment.
- Provide a service-oriented approach to clients, both internal and external.
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Higher education institution accounting experience
- Great Plains experience
- Familiarity with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) grant standards.
Additional Position Information
- Applications will be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required.
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact [email protected]
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.