Operations and Computer Support Technician
Job Title: Operations and Computer Support Technician
Job ID: 24474
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Code: 1615
Department: Instructional & Meeting Spaces
About the Position
Performs duties under general supervision but works independently to plan, schedule, coordinate and maintain support to the SJSU campus. Assists faculty, students, and staff requesting equipment, provide routine classroom technology support and equipment maintenance activities. Provides support to faculty, students, and staff through the coordination of operations and technical services of Instructional & Meeting Spaces Unit. Provides consultation on computer resources and first tier computer support for unit computers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Audio/Visual Equipment Operation & Maintenance:
- Test and ensure check out equipment is in operable condition prior to delivery or distribution.
- Maintain compliance with security and safety standards of all equipment.
- Develop and conduct preventative maintenance and cleaning of equipment, and make minor repairs to equipment
Classroom Technology Operation & Maintenance:
- Troubleshoot audio/visual and computer problems and provide basic maintenance support. This includes testing computer configurations, troubleshooting and if needed, resetting SP Controls, Vyopta and Crestron control systems, troubleshooting network connectivity and Smartboard operational issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks, respond to trouble calls and tickets and determine the proper level of support required. This includes using test equipment, and replacing cabling and selected components.
Computer Support and Maintenance:
- Ensure quality of overall system performance and ongoing availability of checkout laptop systems and applications.
- Maintain hardware and software running on checkout laptops, perform first tier troubleshoot of hardware, software and networking problems.
Customer Service and Support:
- Provide customer service to faculty, staff and students by scheduling, distributing, and checking out equipment and media. Provide walk-in, phone reservations and over the counter services to customers checking out or dropping off equipment.
- Assist faculty on operation of Smart, Enhanced and Next Generation Classrooms. Provide hand-on in class support as needed by faculty teaching in these spaces.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24474.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.