Research Associate – Three Positions
Research Associate – Three Positions
Full-Time, Benefited; Position Numbers 13048, 12992, 27871
Position Summary: The North Dakota Center for Persons with Disabilities (NDCPD) @ MSU is recruiting qualified applicants to fill 3 Research Associate positions.
Requirements: The Research Associate is responsible for 1) achieving assigned grant and contract goals and objectives under the direction of NDCPD’s Executive Leadership team and/or Project Directors; and 2) contributing to NDCPD’s core functions and goals. We are currently seeking to fill 3 positions for NDCPD's ASPIRE, ASTEP and MIDP projects (more information about each project can be found at www.ndcpd.org/projects.html).
For the ASPIRE and ASTEP projects, we are looking for 2 Research Associates to work with young adults with disabilities as they transition from high school to post-secondary education and community employment. The primary role of this position will include providing case management and coordination of services for young adults with disabilities and partnering with disability service agencies, school system personnel and employers to promote community inclusion. Specific duties will include:
- meeting regularly with young adults with disabilities and family members;
- communicating with professional personnel to coordinate services and supports;
- assisting young adults in developing targeted goals and the steps to achieve them; and
- keeping accurate and timely records.
For the MIDP position, we are looking for 1 Research Associate to provide early intervention services to families of children enrolled in the Minot Infant Development Program. Specific duties will include
- Facilitate home visits based on the needs of project-enrolled children and assist parents/families as needed with techniques and information.
- Implement applicable assessment measures to project-enrolled children along with completion of a final report with programming recommendations based on the results of the child’s assessment.
- Prepare for and facilitate Individual Family Service Plans (IFSPs) meetings for project-enrolled children.
- Complete data and performance data on child performance as required by the funding agency’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in trans-disciplinary development activities and meetings by collaborating with other program staff and team members regarding development needs (cognitive, social, education, self-help, motor, language, medical) of project-enrolled children.
Additional duties are listed below which will vary depending on the project and assignments.
1. Become knowledgeable about NDCPD and carry out the assigned project goals and activities.
2. Develop/disseminate material (instructional materials, articles, brochures, presentations, technical reports).
3. Provide technical assistance and/or consultation to individuals, agencies and consumers.
4. Provide training and present at meetings and conferences.
5. Perform research and data analysis that impact individuals with disabilities.
6. Negotiate memorandums of understanding and agreements following NDCPD and MSU guidelines.
7. Participate in agency, statewide, and national planning/policy groups to address unmet needs and emerging issues.
8. Coordinate, conduct, participate, and travel to meetings and conferences both in and out of state.
9. Provide supervision of NDCPD staff.
10. Develop other external funding resources to further disability research, services, training and technical assistance.
11. Participate in internal NDCPD committees and activities.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- The positions will require a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred; other degree levels and/or experience will be considered.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in a human service or education field and/or experience in a disability-related field.
Experience in working with children (MIDP) or adolescents with intellectual disabilities (ASPIRE & ASTEP) is beneficial.
- Experience giving presentations, writing technical reports or grants, and basic research activities helpful but not necessary.
- Chosen applicants must be able to handle confidential situations, demonstrate the ability to deal effectively and interact positively with clients and constituents, and be task oriented with diligent follow through.
- Applicants must be self-directed and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently; have the ability to contribute to a fast-paced, changing work environment and contribute to the success of the project and reputation of NDCPD; have the ability to interact and communicate professionally with people with disabilities, constituents and staff; be able operate standard office equipment and software.
- Chosen applicants must have a valid driver’s license and satisfy a criminal history background check prior to employment.
Compensation: Salary negotiable. Comprehensive benefit package including employer paid health insurance, TIAA-CREF retirement plan, and tuition waiver benefits. Explore MSU Benefits
Application Information: Candidates must submit an application packet via Applitrack including
contact information for at least three references. The employment application can be accessed online (http://www.minotstateu.edu/hr/jobs.shtml). For more information, contact Susie Mack, Coordinator of Operations at email@example.com, 701-858-3009.
Additional Information: For accommodations contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For ND Relay Services: Click here. Position is open till filled. The state of North Dakota has an open records law; therefore, your application could be subject to review upon request. A criminal history background check must be satisfied prior to employment. According to NDCC 15-10-13.2, all faculty members are required to take an oath (or affirm) to support the constitutions of the US and ND.
MSU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran's Preference.
Apply for Research Associate – Three Positions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly