Develops, implements and oversees programs and services in assigned office, college, division or department.
The department of Sports and Recreation is seeking a dynamic professional to build, manage, and assess a comprehensive aquatic program and oversee the daily operations of two aquatic facilities, Student Recreation and Activities Center on the Kennesaw campus and the Recreation and Wellness Center on the Marietta campus. The Aquatics Coordinator will report directly to the Associate Director of Programs and will collaborate regularly with the Facility Operations team to manage the aquatic facility operations. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to team work, customer service, ethical leadership, and talent development for student staff members. This position of trust will contribute to the departments mission, vision, and values.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 3 years experience, including at least two years supervisory experience.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or equivalent
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or equivalent
- Certified Pool Operator certification or Aquatics Facility Operator or must obtain within six (6) months of employment
- At least one year of fulltime collegiate aquatic facility management, staffing, and programmatic experience or two years as an aquatic graduate assistant
- Ability to work varied schedule to include nights and weekends is essential and expected
- Masters degree in recreation administration, sport management, leisure studies, physical education, or comparable degree.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Trainer and/or Water Safety Instructor Trainer
- Supervisory experience demonstrating strong leadership ability
- Knowledge of student development principles
- Knowledge of swimming pool filters, mechanical systems and the use of chemical for swimming pool and water chemistry