Management and Marketing: CHAASE Coordinator
Job ID 14109
Location UW Eau Claire;Eau Claire, WI
Full/Part Time Part-Time
POSITION: The Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE or Center) has available a 60% professional academic staff position starting April 2, 2018 (negotiable). The duties associated with this position include serving as the administrative and public relations coordinator for the Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, public relations, nonprofit management, or a related area is required.
- This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work both independently and in coordination with others.
- Administrative and development experience is a preferred qualification.
- The ability to bring diverse perspectives to the campus, enhance the diversity of the department, and/or serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities will be considered an asset.
CHAASE Administrative Coordinator Responsibilities
The Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence serves as a bridge between the health care administration program (HCAD) and health care practitioners, and seeks to advance the state of the art in education and practice of long-term care administration. Specific duties of the CHAASE Coordinator include:
- Coordinate existing activities of the Center, along with other related existing partnership activities.
- Provide administrative support for ongoing initiatives of the Center, including the immersion experience and the National Emerging Leadership Summit.
- Provide administrative and public relations support (e.g., coordinating student support, editing of documents and proposals) for new initiatives of the Center, such as the development of an educational simulation and the other activities of the Center across the country.
- Responsible for Center and HCAD program publicity (e.g., creation of a public relations and marketing plan, execution of plan throughout the year), and oversee the production of an annual report for CHAASE and the HCAD program.
- Create content for Center website, electronic newsletters, and social media channels to attract new students and supporters, strengthen relationships with current students and supporters, and to establish the Center and its faculty as experts in the field of health administration.
- Maintain public relations and communication mechanisms with providers, associations, NAB, students, and alumni affiliated with the Center and the HCAD program, including coordination of memberships.
- Take and/or secure photographs at CHAASE and HCAD events for use in communication and marketing materials, including newsletters, the annual report, and social media postings.
- Provide leadership for planning and hosting the annual CHAASE Spring Banquet, the annual CHAASE Fall Forum, and other designated CHAASE events throughout each year.
- Participate in development and fundraising activities with alumni, organizations, and vendors interested in health and aging services administration, including involvement with events and proposal development.
- Monitoring CHAASE budgets and communicating with HCAD and CHAASE student scholarship donors, in coordination with the academic program assistant assigned to the HCAD program and the HCAD Practicum Coordinator.
- Provide administrative support for all CHAASE advisory board and Director-related functions, along with other initiatives of the Center.
- Work with other faculty and staff within the HCAD program, the Department of Management and Marketing, the College of Business, and the University, as needed (e.g., UWEC Foundation, Integrated Marketing and Communications, research staff, external consultants).
- Other CHAASE-related duties as assigned by the CHAASE Director, in consultation with the Department Chair of Management and Marketing.
The Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence is affiliated with the health care administration program in the Department of Management and Marketing within the UW-Eau Claire College of Business. The Center supports the HCAD program, encourages strong relationships with industry practitioners and organizations, and is supported with development activities. Additional information regarding CHAASE is available at the following website:
Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Management and Marketing: CHAASE Coordinator position (Job ID # 14109) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcript
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Dr. Douglas Olson; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 22, 2018. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-penings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) . Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.