Associate Director, State Farm Center - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1800148)
~~NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Associate Director, Event Administration, State Farm Center
12 Month, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
Primary Position Function:
Assist the Director with overall event administration of State Farm Center. Responsible for State Farm Center event management and guest relations; managing the building and event security, event services, parking, emergency medical, and premium seating operations and staff; developing and coordinating safety and risk management initiatives. Serve as manager on duty (with Director) and primary event manager for State Farm Center events.
1. With Director, responsible for overall coordination and management of events at State Farm Center. Serve as primary contact for State Farm Center clients.
2. Directly oversee and manage State Farm Center event management departments (Event Staff, Security, Parking, Emergency Medical Staff), including both short-term and long-term planning for all departments.
a. Participate in identifying, hiring, training, and managing the event management staff of approximately 500.
b. Manage day-to-day and event operations for all staff departments, including scheduling operations and budget management and reporting.
c. Serve as main point of contact and resource for troubleshooting and resolving guest/client/event/staff management issues and concerns.
3. Manage the coordination of events within State Farm Center (concert tours, basketball game management, production managers, etc.) to ensure facility and staff preparedness.
4. Develop, analyze, review, and assess State Farm Center and Illinois Premium Seating guest services, crowd management, ADA and safety policies and procedures to enhance a safe and enjoyable experience for all State Farm Center guests, clients, and events. Manage all record keeping activities in this area.
5. Serve as manager on duty (with Director) and primary event manager for State Farm Center events.
6. Collaborate with Director on event booking and show settlement operations when applicable.
7. Assist Director with maintaining vendor relations with outside concessionaire/caterer.
8. Prepare and manage budgets pertaining to event management department and front-of-house operations.
9. Supervise the building and event security operation and staff for State Farm Center.
10. Manage master facility event calendar and event scheduling communications with building staff.
11. Manage reservations of State Farm Center event space, parking lot, premium seating space, and meeting space.
12. Manage Illinois Premium Seating operations and staff at State Farm Center, including the management of club spaces and suites for Illinois athletics events as well as entertainment and other non-basketball events.
a. Act as management liaison between Illinois Premium Seating and State Farm Center to integrate, engender, and sustain a mutually beneficial working relationship. This position is empowered to represent both areas in meetings.
13. Collaborate with outside vendors to obtain equipment and uniforms for event management departments and staff, and police, ambulance, and towing services for State Farm Center events.
14. Represent State Farm Center to outside constituencies and departments, including Division of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Illinois, and state and community agencies and departments to facilitate and maintain collaborative relationships.
15. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
Bachelor's degree in athletic administration, business administration, marketing or related field
Master's degree in same fields
Five years' experience in athletic and entertainment venue operation and management, including event management and staff employment and supervision.
Experience specific to arena entertainment management and athletic management in Illinois Athletics strongly preferred. International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM) membership and either Certified Venue Professional (CVP) or Certified Venue Executive (CVE) strongly preferred.
Knowledge in arena entertainment and athletic management
Knowledge of premium seating venues, their clientele, and oversight.
Knowledge of arena event planning and premium seating specific to Illinois Athletics strongly preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received on or before March 20, 2018. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and names of three references and proof of academic credentials. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Kevin Ullestad, at email@example.com.
Note: To expedite filling this position, qualified applicants will be interviewed during the advertising period and through the deadline date. All applicants will receive consideration for the position throughout the duration of the notice period. No appointment will be made before the expiration of the application date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Associate Director, State Farm Center - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1800148)
Open Date: 03/06/2018
Close Date: 03/20/2018
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics