Academic Advisor - College of Engineering Administration (A1800149)
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Academic Advisor. This position is responsible for academic advising, market research, and program review across the various MEng curricula. The Academic Advisor is integrated with existing dedicated MEng advisors across the college to build a cohesive team that can leverage best practices, ensure effective communication, and address student concerns as they arise. This position is associated with the Center for Professional and Executive Training and Education and integrated with the College of Engineering Office of Graduate, Professional and Online Programs.
- Provide academic advising to MEng and professionally-oriented graduate students.
- Provide current student program management such as maintaining degree/curriculum requirements, degree certification, graduate petitions, and other procedures that are required by the Graduate College.
- Perform comprehensive program reviews of student recruitment, student retention, student satisfaction, student outcomes, and course availability. This includes analyzing and tracking why prospective students decline offers, collecting feedback from current students (e.g., at the MEng Town Hall), and administering an exit survey to collect feedback from graduating students.
- Recommend adjustments to programming and curricula to ensure that programs meet student and employer needs.
- Assist with market analysis of existing MEng programs to ensure programs stay competitive.
- Assist with curriculum proposal development for new and revised curricula. This includes providing supporting market analysis to justify anticipated growth and demand.
- Assist departments with editing and yearly publication of a Graduate Student Handbook. Assist with the monitoring program websites for accuracy of information and continued functioning of the links.
- Assist the departments as needed with processing of admission paperwork for students who receive admission into the program.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Education Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and develop priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to work with students and faculty from diverse background) and demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Experience and proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and web maintenance programs.
- Minimum of three years' experience with progressive responsibility in a corporate or university setting.
- Experience working with international graduate students or executives.
- Familiarity with Banner.
- Familiarity with graduate program policy and procedures.
The Academic Advisor position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references as a single PDF file by 3/27/2018. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Abby Drewes at [email protected] or 217-244-7583.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Academic Advisor - College of Engineering Administration (A1800149)
Open Date: 03/06/2018
Close Date: 03/27/2018
Organization Name: Engineering Administration