Administrative Specialist II
Performs a variety of professional and administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of a function, program, and/or dept; assists in program planning & development; interpret, monitor, & analyze information regarding operating policies & procedures; administers budgets; & coordinate academic and/or staff personnel matters. Performs "basic" administrative support duties; not a secretarial position.
- Serve as initial point of contact for CPS, including greeting students, checking them in for appointments, facilitating student paperwork related to services provided, answering phones, answering questions related to the office, scheduling/rescheduling/canceling appointments for large number of students across large clinical staff, etc.
- Opening and closing the office.
- Assists students with completing proper forms at each office visit and processing them in Titanium, CPSs EHR.
- Keeping daily watch on Titanium (Electronic Health Record) for conflicts or issues with the schedule. Check previous days appointments for attendance. Make sure counselor is assigned client security on every new student who attends appointment. Reschedule appointments for staff as needed. Generate automated emails and calls to students for appointment reminders Oversee process for moving students to earlier appointments when initial appointments are more than two weeks out. Create administrative notes to explain student concerns in regards to appointments or complaints, etc. Responsible for programming Primary/Secondary On-Call phone lines and maintaining the On-Call Log as well as changes in Titanium software.
- Provide administrative support (e.g., track need/usage of office supplies, requesting and receiving files/records, scheduling, room reservations, etc.) to CPS staff.
- Travel to Marietta campus as needed to assist when needed. Reserve conference and classrooms for meetings and events on campus. Monitor workroom inventory and assist in the preparation of monthly office supply order for Office Manager.
- Maintain Printer/Fax/Scanner equipment and office iPad.
- Maintain email database of community providers that CPS sends mass mail info.
- Sorting, coding, filing and scanning as needed.
- Managing office mail.
- Requesting Maintenance.
- Straightening front office & keeping workroom tidy.
- Creating new forms & documents as required.
- Checking email consistently to stay informed
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise 2-4 student assistants
- Assist office manager with onboarding process of all new CPS personnel (e.g., new employee orientation paperwork, employee trainings, work space setup, etc.).
- Data gathering/ Record Keeping: - Assist CPS leadership with data gathering, management, and dissemination.
- Assist in the maintenance and storage of CPS records and historical documentation including contracts, agreements, assessments, personnel lists, supply lists.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of spreadsheet of counselor activity and counselor change log each semester.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean and/or CPS leadership team.
- Assist psychiatric staff with prescription refills, including collecting and getting needed information to psychiatric staff, monitoring of prescriptions picked up, calling students when prescriptions are ready; ensuring safety and security of prescriptions in locked cabinet.
- Assisting staff with work requests (filing, copying, scanning, etc.)
- Research for Group/Workshop projects to assist counselors and staff.
- Assist Case Managers with Academy student appointments and input of student demographic information into Titanium record.
- Anticipates and notifies counselors and supervisor of problems and possible solutions.
- Update Executive Directors calendar in Outlook and Titanium as needed.
Minimum Hiring Salary: $13.41per hour Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience OR a High School diploma and 2 years of college coursework and 4 years of experience OR High School diploma and 6 years experience.
- Experience with Titanium Schedule, other electronic health record, or similar database with sufficient skill and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in multi-tasking ability and deadline prioritization management.
- Excel, Word, basic web-site and social media management, ability to learn new technology and office system easily.
- Familiarity with University system processes.
- Previous experience in college counseling center.