WAY TO HEALTH APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST
Duties: The Way to Health (WTH) Applications Specialist (IT Specialist A) assists with the growth and success of web-based software by ensuring exceptional usability, reliability, and the accurate execution and conduct of rigorous behavioral science research and QI clinical projects for the UPenn-based behavioral science health platform, Way to Health. Helps coordinate new customer onboarding process including account setup and technical assistance around the design, building, testing and delivery of behavioral health interventions on the platform. Assists in translating user needs into functional business requirements and liaises with users and developers to refine and develop workable solutions within the platform. Assists with intensive shoulder-to-shoulder and remote training to new project teams. Serves as the first point of contact for users, triaging support requests and directing unresolved issues to the next level of support. Works with developers and other product team members to determine best solution based on issues and details provided by the user. Assists with planning, design and execution of system testing on simple to complex implementations. Assists with developing test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on a variety of projects. Validates that user expectations are achieved during the testing process. Assists other product team members with training activities, the development/upkeep of user support materials and communication strategies to support new feature release.
* Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 1 year of related experience in research or healthcare information technology is strongly preferred.
* Ability to understand complex software, and work within the constraints of a system to configure the software to meet business requirements.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of software development tracking systems and remote monitoring devices and remote monitoring systems.
* Knowledge of project management strategies and ability to multi-task and manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
* Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a positive, pleasant, professional and productive manner in writing, by telephone, and in personal contacts.
* Ability to provide effective and responsive customer service.
* Experience with software testing.
* Experience with behavioral health research and understanding good data management practices.
* Familiarity with MS Office Suite.
Reference Number: 40-28061
Salary Grade: A
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: ME-Division of Health Policy
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology