Position Number: 53063460
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Oconee
Job Close Date: 03/19/2018
Salary Minimum: $11.53 / hour
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Groundskeeper. The Groundskeeper will be responsible for landscape work and events set up in a University environment.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Groundskeeper will:
- Perform physically demanding manual labor consisting of lawn, flower and shrub care.
- Digging, spraying, edging and power tool operation.
- Other duties as assigned, including building or property maintenance support as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have ability to operate power tools, large landscape machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow specific oral and written instruction.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time, often in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work at heights up to 65 feet.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Grounds/landscaping experience preferred.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.