Building Service Worker A
Department: Plant Operations
Location: Eastern Campus
Reports To: Manager, Facilities
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req56
Employment Type: Full-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: 169-18
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday 1:30 - 10:00
Number of Openings: 1
Performs basic custodial service duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- *Mops and sweeps floors, renovates and renews floor finishes, vacuums and cleans carpets.
- *Cleans and services restrooms.
- Cleans and dusts furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, windows, doors, trim, classroom boards, and related furnishings.
- Washes and/or cleans walls, partitions, elevators, framed pictures, and glass objects.
- Moves furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Collects and removes trash and recyclables.
- Sweeps or shovels snow from walkways.
- *Sets up chairs, tables, platforms and other equipment for special events.
- Reports items in need of repair.
- Records and documents work activities as required.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrates regular attendance.
- Accesses and utilizes College-prescribed software programs, including but not limited to training, email, payroll and maintenance management system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of janitorial/cleaning work experience.
- Knowledge of operation of basic cleaning tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of the proper use of cleaning chemicals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate electric cleaning equipment (vacuum, buffer, carpet cleaning equipment).
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and follow detailed work and safety instructions.
- Skills in keyboarding, basic math and grammar, and basic or standard word processing (MS Word) and/or spreadsheet applications (MS Excel).
- Proficiency with an email software package (MS Outlook) and the Internet.
- Must be able to meet College insurability requirements.
- Must have sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
- Associate's degree in a job-related field.
- Previous experience operating floor cleaning and buffing equipment.
- Experience with electronic work order system.
- Understanding/experience with quality programs and initiatives.
- Valid Ohio Driver's license.
- Trade licensure or certification.
- LTO (Lift-Truck-Operator) license.
Special Note:This is a Full-Time AFSCME Salary grade 2 position. AFSCME employees at Cuyahoga Community College are given 1st consideration for AFSCME positions.
Salary $37315.20 plus shift Diff
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.