HELP DESK LEVEL 2 ANALYST
JOB NO.: 104253-US
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/USER SVCS/HD LEVEL TWO
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Other
Employment Class: University Staff-Ongoing
Position Vacancy ID: 104253
Working Title: Help Desk Level 2 Analyst
Official Title: IS TECH SRV PROF(13461)
Hiring Department: A065041-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/USER SVCS/HD LEVEL TWO
Term: This is an Ongoing appointment
Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides a wide variety of technology services to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. It also provides limited service to UW system and other State entities. DoIT's mission is to lead the development and delivery of information technology services that help students, faculty, and staff work effectively as a community. Services span desktop-server-mainframe computing, networks, telecommunications, Internet connectivity, administrative and academic systems, instructional technology, plus many support services.
This team provides support to the members of the UW-Madison campus community as well as members of related institutions. This role is designed to deliver high-quality technology solutions with a focus on customer service. We offer training in technical expertise, customer service excellence, and other business skills like time management.
We are responsible for first and second level troubleshooting determination, resolution, and as-needed escalation for the various products and services that are used to support the business and academic mission of campus.
Additionally, the position offers long and short-term project work both within the Help Desk and throughout the larger division to promote professional development, and organizational effectiveness. Currently, we have team members run small teams of students, work on strategic projects, and represent the Help Desk within different teams at DoIT - this allows further growth in a variety of skills including in a specific technology. Strong candidates will have a drive to continually improve, learn more, and sharpen their skills while working in a team environment.
The Help Desk provides support Monday-Friday from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm. Within those hours, there is flexibility in team members' schedule.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process please click on the 'Apply Now' button. You will be asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should specifically address the required qualifications in the position description.
The required qualifications are:
* Demonstrated exceptional performance in a customer service environment.
* Knowledge and practice of interpersonal skills needed to work in a team oriented, collaborative work environment to address potentially difficult situations and customers.
* Ability to individually represent the Help Desk in work and through meetings and interactions with other DoIT Teams.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, respect and ethical practices in alignment with DoIT's Mission and Foundational Principles.
* Knowledge of both Windows and Macintosh Operating System including a variety of common software applications such as word processing, database, graphics, multimedia, and antivirus/antimalware applications or the ability and desire to learn quickly.
* Knowledge of internet technologies (such as email clients, web browsers, and connection issues involved with these) and smart phones, mobile computing.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Mar 6 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 20 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time