Administrative Assistant II - OTC
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine-Department of Psychiatry-ARTS
Administrative Assistant II
Position #682296 / Posting #12858
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
This class series describes work in support of the business or operations in a variety of work units. Activities include the accurate and timely completion and processing of documents and information; scheduling; making reservations and accepting registrations or orders; reception and intake; record keeping and maintenance; meeting arrangements; dictation; transcription; document production, including typing and word processing; gathering, coding, computing, entering, verifying, and reporting data and information; sorting, weighing, picking-up, and delivering materials; ordering, issuing, and inventorying items; document duplication and information release; screening documents and supporting information to determine eligibility, authenticity, or identity; issuing, including selling, documents; monitoring exams and grading with an answer key; collecting, balancing, and depositing funds. The operation of office equipment as tools to facilitate the work is often required, such as copiers, fax machines, typewriters, personal computers or similar keyboards, sorters, printers, meters, etc. The work is performed in a variety of settings. The work ranges from basic support activities to office management.
This class describes the third administrative assistant level. The systems, operations, and processes are still established and defined but allow more flexibility and latitude in adapting practical approaches or routines for various situations. Not all circumstances are covered by established guidelines or they do not work so positions must improvise solutions and alternatives. Illustrations include, but are not limited to, positions that are authorized to make exceptions to eligibility requirements, quotas, and fees or charges; design work methods used by others; perform desk top publishing, including the design, layout, paste up, and editing of program documents; produce technical documents, such as scientific papers, use several software packages; release official information or documents that are legally confidential depending on the reason, requestor, and document requested; schedule facilities, such as class or conference rooms, by determining the eligibility of the event and group; plan events by writing specific orders and compiling operating expense data, arranging the logistics and equipment, selecting menus and caterers, designing decorations, scheduling the site, locating selected presenters, setting reservation deadlines, and making transportation and lodging arrangements for participants; create and sign correspondence without prior instructions where the content varies based on the nature of issue being addressed; and, complete the forms to adjust or transfer funds as restrictions change or to cover shortages, and authorize expenditures for office supplies. Although this class is primarily a non-supervisory class, some positions may be a work leader or working supervisor who participates in the same work as others in the unit and operates under the same established procedures and set deadlines or schedules.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks a full-time, University Staff (Unclassified), Administrative Assistant II within the Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) Peer I/The Haven Outpatient Therapeutic Community (OTC). The ARTS OTC Program is within the School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry. ARTS OTC a coed outpatient facility located on the grounds of the Ft. Logan Campus of the Colorado Mental health Institute that services the clients that complete the residential programs of Peer I and The Haven.
This position will provide support to the clinical staff and patients of OTC. These duties would include answering telephones, filing and other general administrative duties; ordering office and other supplies, correspondence with internal and external customers.
Examples of work performed:
This position serves the Peer I/Haven Outpatient Therapeutic Community in the following ways.
- Coordinate and schedule patient admissions, set up and maintain patient information in Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Position may be required to drive personal vehicle or State vehicle (dependent on availability) to pick up patient related items.
- Responsible for clinic billing, bookkeeping and data entry into external websites; attention to detail in these duties is critical.
- Posting patient payments to the program and updating staff related to treatment fees.
- Maintaining patient data bases reflective of progress/regressions in patient's treatment.
- Attend and take minutes at bi-monthly staff meeting.
- Participate in patient discharges by updating data bases, generating court related discharge paperwork, and completion of discharge audits.
- Update excel spreadsheets related to various clinic activities.
- Work with counseling staff in tracking patient health related appointments, psychiatric appointments, and ordering of patient medications as needed.
- Order clinic supplies as needed, phone duties, scanning and uploading documents into the (EHR).
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $33,396 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. To ensure ARTS program integrity, prospective employees may be required to submit to pre-employment urine testing.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two years of general clerical experience which include experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver's License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals (who may have contact with residents) who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for termination.
- Experience working in Criminal Justice
- Clerical experience working with substance abuse treatment environment or therapeutic community
- Experience working with offender population
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Excellent written communication skills, which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors.
- Ability to comply with established rules, policies and procedures and meet deadlines
- Ability to be open-minded and nonjudgmental
- Ability to develop healthy relationships with clients
- Ability to establish boundaries with clients
- Ability to exercise discretion (e.g. patient confidentiality)
- Must be able to use Microsoft software e.g.: Word, Excel, Access and Adobe Products
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. 4) Additional Attachments: transcripts, diploma, or certificate. Questions should be directed to Ken Gaipa at Ken.Gaipa@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Mar 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ken Gaipa
Posting Contact Email: Ken.Gaipa@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00682296