Web Content/Graphic Design Specialist
Web Content/Graphic Design Specialist
Dept/College Web Developer
Division of Advancement Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Division of Advancement pursues the mission to promote the University of North Texas through inspiring the public to become involved with the growth and progress of the university.
The division accomplishes this by establishing, and continuing, mutually beneficial relationships that result in donations of time and financial resources that support and empower the future leaders of our generations.
The University of North Texas seeks a motivated, team-oriented professional to join our Advancement team in the Communications department as a web developer. This position is expected to understand the University of North Texas' and the Division of Advancement's mission and strategic goals, as well as key messaging, and will work to help meet those goals as a part of teams and independently. This position will focus on guiding the strategic and technical development of Advancement websites and emails. It will lead the overall development and execution of Advancement's digital communications strategies. The position will also confer with other departments. He/she creates, develops, manages, and improves websites and emails. Creates web and email design strategies and policies for all departments in the Division of Advancement. The incumbent ensures digital strategy is consistent and reflects the University's strategic vision.
The position reports to the Senior Director of Advancement Communications. The position works in conjunction with the leaders and staff of UNT's Division of Advancement.
* Participates in the creation and execution of website and email strategies.
* Utilizes analytics to adjust content and report on activity.
* Coordinates with supervisor and follows university web policy to program and design websites and email.
* Researches and collaborates with other offices as needed to develop and/or update website pages and email.
* Frequently monitors environmental changes that effect website and email positioning or information.
* Creates and edits graphics using Adobe Creative Suite for online purposes.
* Develops and maintains web services documentation, including design documents, user guides, training material and internal knowledge articles.
* Assist in developing a consistent, workable website that provides education/information online and that encourages engagement and achieves user needs.
* Under general direction, identifies newsworthy issues and events that affect Advancement.
* Programs pages/emails to help communicate activities to campus stakeholders, alumni and donors.
* Provides ongoing maintenance of the website to ensure content accuracy and growth.
* Creates online stylesheets and templates for webpages and emails. May manipulate program variables within coded publishing languages.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Associate's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to writing HTML documents, develop content, create graphics, digitize pictures, and insert audio and video.
The ideal candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of Blackbaud's Netcommunity, Online Express and Luminate.
* Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, conduct multiple tasks, maintain effective working relationships and adapt to a changing business environment.
* Ability to visually inspect print and online copy when self-editing or editing the copy of others including experience in creative editing and fact checking techniques.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting