Registrar - 165001
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Registrar's Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students
and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree
requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree verification,
graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of student academic
records, as well as handles state and federal reporting.
The Registrar Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Registrar to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Line responsibility for the operation of the Registrar's Office.
* Planning and organizing office procedures and supervision of personnel.
* Veteran certification and student services counseling.
* Involved in development and implementation of new systems or
upgrades to existing systems.
* Manages/Processes veteran certifications and related student services.
* Coordinates with the Educational Liaison for our Region and the VA to
investigate UNT debt and request corrections.
* Coordinates the maintenance of VA reporting systems including VA Once, and Military Service Branch portals.
* Coordinates the operation of UNT internal reporting for tracking and
certification of GI Bill eligible veteran students.
* Manages and staffs the reception and customer service functions of
Student Veteran Services.
* Acts as the liaison with outside organizations and ensures compliance
with regulations regarding veteran certification.
* Maintains efficient procedure and communication with offices within the UNT community to ensure veteran certification compliance.
* Recruits, interviews, selects, trains, and supervises employees of the
* Ensures appropriate printed and electronic materials are made available to staff and students.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three or more years of progressively responsible experience in academic administration or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Demonstrated competency in administering services and operations in a college/university environment, including demonstrated skill in problem solving and change management.
* Knowledge of hiring, developing, supervising, and evaluating staff.
* Commitment to providing high-quality customer service.
* Ability to work in a collaborative results-oriented environment.
* Consistently exercise initiative, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
* Evaluate and resolve problems.
* Establishes, motivates, and supports effective teams to meet objectives.
* Manages conflict, works collaboratively within office and with other university departments.
* Current knowledge of Federal educational laws and policies pertaining to education records.
* Ability to effectively use computer and information technology.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree in related field.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting