Biological Sciences - 121100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Department of Biological Sciences provides professional expertise and service to local, state, national and international constituencies, while promoting the discovery, advancement, and dissemination of basic and applied knowledge in the life and environmental sciences.
The Biological Sciences Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for details management of department budget accounts and accounting transaction.
* Responsible for monthly reconciliation of all biology purchase card statements.
* Utilizing purchasing log to ensure appropriate accounting for relevant department accounts including fee accounts.
* Functions as department purchasing backup to ensure departmental, faculty and other purchases are not delayed.
* Prepare IDT's and ABA's for corrections, fund recovery, and billings of monthly stockroom sales, printing and copier usage, and vehicle usage.
* Coordinate department computer purchases and distribution for Annual faculty and staff upgrade.
* Department liaison for computer related issues.
* Responsible for all department telecom tasks.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related field.
* Prefer three years of experience working with budget or accounting.
* Experience with Cognos/Hyperion and PeopleSoft 9.2.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting