Research Specialist I
Requisition # 2018-8547
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Neuroscience of Attention & Perception (NA&P) Laboratory (led by Dr. Sabine Kastner) at the Princeton Neuroscience Institute, Princeton University, is seeking an experienced research technician to work as a full-time Research Specialist to assist researchers performing non-human primate (NHP) studies. The successful candidate will work in the NHP branch of the laboratory, which studies neural mechanisms of cognition in the primate brain using a wide range of experimental neuroscience techniques, including electrophysiological recordings, micro-stimulation, MR imaging, and behavioral approaches.
We are seeking an extremely motivated candidate who is interested in both animal care and scientific research.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to work closely with postdoctoral researchers and graduate students to train macaques on behavioral/cognitive tasks, assist with MRI imaging and surgical procedures, and manage the animal colony (in close collaboration with the veterinary staff). Secondary responsibilities include: maintaining and ordering lab supplies/equipment; maintaining animal and biosafety records and working closely with the lab on day-to-day operations.
- A bachelor's degree in neuroscience, biology, physics, math, computer science or a related field is required.
- Basic computer skills are required, programming skills are considered a significant plus.
- Must have excellent references that highlight the candidate's experience, organization skills, and willingness to work as part of a research team.
- Preferred candidates will have extensive animal husbandry experience (³2 years). In particular, previous experience with non-human primates is highly desirable
- Preferred candidates will also have their aLAT, LAT, or LATg certification.
- This position is subject to the University's background policy.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.