Coordinator for Residence Life
Position Number 4284, 13002, 4286, and 14083
Functional Title Coordinator for Residence Life
Position Type Staff
Housing and Residence Life provides safe, inclusive, and secure residential communities where a diverse, innovative and responsive team of professionals encourages students to pursue academic excellence, personal growth, civic leadership and responsibility.
Our diverse residence hall environments promote learning and personal growth through programs that enable students to acknowledge and appreciate diversity through open dialogue, establish a personal sense of interdependence, and prepare them for responsible service as members of the global community.
Housing & Residence Life is seeking candidates for two (2), 12-month, full time, live-in position with leadership, administrative, and advising responsibilities for a residential environment serving approximately 300-600 students. Positions to begin July 1, 2018.
These positions report to an Assistant Director for Residence Life. In addition to the salary listed below, a monthly campus living allowance of $400, with furnished apartment with utilities is included.
- Coordinate, plan, evaluate, and oversee the implementation of educational, academic, and cultural programming and other supportive resources that will help students persist to graduation from the University by collaborating with other departments, staff, faculty, and student group;
- Advise Hall Council and encourage the organization and its leaders as they seek to enhance the quality of life in the residence hall;
- Work to prevent crisis situations, respond appropriately to confidential matters, and provide appropriate referrals to other University departments/resources as needed;
- Work closely with the Assistant Directors for Residence Life in developing programming activities for the building with the assistance of the Resident Advisor staff;
- Directly supervise between 4 and 17 Resident Advisors;
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings and one on one meetings;
- Support the efforts of Housing and Residence Life's student leadership organizations including, but not limited to, RHA (Residence Hall Association), NRHH (National Residence Hall Honorary), and RAA (the Resident Advisor Association);
- Provide academic, career, and personal advising for students living in the residence halls;
- Serve in an on-call duty rotation along with other live-in staff;
- Serve as a judicial hearing officer for contractual and/or conduct related student incidents;
- Serve on one to two functional area committees throughout the academic year including, but not limited to staff selection, staff training, academic development, staff development, social justice, and student leadership;
- Complete one to two summer assignments including, but not limited to, summer housing, summer conferences, orientation, student leadership, and living learning community initiatives;
- Serve as a liaison for communication between residents, staff, and central office;
- Maintain at least 15 regular office hours per week;
- Provide assistance with all recruiting, admissions, and retention efforts;
- Other duties as determined by supervisor.
- Masters degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or related field, and previous experience in residence life.
- Two (2) years residence hall experience and strong administrative skills.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership development, crisis intervention, group dynamics, community development, teaching, presenting, and programming in a residence hall environment,
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Customer Service experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $42,000 plus a monthly campus living allowance of $400
Org #-Department Housing and Residence Life - 44502
Job Open Date 02/01/2018
For Best Consideration Date 03/13/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience managing residence halls?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu