Manager, Extended Police Academy Coordinator
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
invites applications for the position of:
Manager, Extended Police Academy Coordinator
SALARY: $28.71 - $42.43 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Police Academy
OPENING DATE: 02/02/18
CLOSING DATE: 03/23/18 11:59 PM
Under the direction of the Police Academy and Training Programs Director, the Manager, Extended Police Academy Coordinator will manage and coordinate administrative matters and provide direct supervision over the Extended Law Enforcement Academy (non-traditional hours) for entry–level peace officers; evaluate staff and instructors; monitor and enforce academic policies and regulations through application of appropriate disciplinary procedures. This position is primarily located at the Hanford Educational Center and is a part-time, 10 month, management position. The hours for this position is two days/week from approximately 6:45 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Duties for this position include:
• Manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Extended Police Academy, including training days at off-site locations.
• Open and close college facilities used for instruction.
• Manage recruit training officers; develop instructional and duty schedules, confirm instructors and adjust the instructional schedule as needed; coordinate instructional lesson plans; evaluate student performance; maintain records of student progress.
• Direct and coordinate activities of Extended Police Academy to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Conduct uniform inspections and maintain a structured recitation program.
• Monitor and enforce academic policies and regulations through application of appropriate disciplinary procedures as set forth in Academy guidelines.
• Meet with students and prospective students to advise them regarding instructional programs and requirements; maintain student records.
• Manage written and scenario testing; provide remedial training; maintain P.O.S.T. test item security.
• Maintain training vehicles, weaponry and other inventory used in instructional programs.
• Participate in the planning of Department activities and programs.
• Recruit, select, and evaluate staff and provide for appropriate development and training of assigned staff.
• Assist the Director in reviewing and evaluating curriculum, including testing and instructional methods; assist in the analysis, formulation, planning and evaluation of departmental operations as assigned; complete Academy instructor evaluations.
• Orient staff and students to the police academies and assist in the Pre-enrollment process for each academy.
• Assist in the complying with legal mandates, contract provisions and required procedures of P.O.S.T. and other regulatory agencies; enforce academy policies and regulations according to established guidelines.
• Ensure Academy safety plans are adhered to both on campus and on off-site locations.
• Oversee Recruit Training Officer (RTO) Program to ensure proper training and that Academy policy and procedure are followed by RTOs.
• Attend conferences, trainings, seminars and P.O.S.T. meetings as assigned to keep knowledge and skills current.
• Utilize the District's integrated software in performing the required duties of the position.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
A candidate for the Manager, Extended Police Academy may meet the minimum qualifications for this position in one of three ways:
1. A master's degree and one year law enforcement experience OR
2. A bachelor's degree and two years law enforcement experience OR
3. An associate's degree and six years law enforcement experience.
In addition to the above a candidate for the Manager, Extended Police Academy must possess:
• An Advanced Certificate from P.O.S.T. preferred, Intermediate Certificate accepted.
• A valid California driver's license.
• An incumbent must be insurable at the "standard rate" by the employer's insurance carrier at all times while employed in this classification by the College of the Sequoias.
To be considered for the position, applicants must complete:
• An online job application.
• Diversity statement (included within the online job application).
• Cover letter which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities.
• Current Resume.
• Transcripts – Copies of transcripts of college/university work may be sent with the application package. Official transcripts are required for employment.
• Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent experience or equivalent competencies.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/1973950/manager-extended-police-academy-coordinator