Director of MBA Experiential Projects, MBA Programs
The Daniels College of Business seeks a Director of Experiential Projects in the MBA Programs Office. This individual will provide high-integrity and forward-thinking leadership and innovation for the challenge-based projects at the core of the Daniels MBA programs. These projects involve partnering with outside organizations for the project content and building a bridge between the classroom and live business experience. Project management skills and experience in working in a team-oriented environment will also be critical in this role. The position will involve interfacing with corporate and non-profit partners (C-suite level), faculty, staff, and students. This position will report to the associate dean of MBA Programs.
Program Strategy, Planning and Project Management
- Develop and lead the strategy and implementation of integrated and experiential-based student learning experiences. Requires the ability to work with critical stakeholders in the creation of a scalable, transferrable template that ensures a consistently high level of performance across all student projects.
- Establish and implement new protocols for designing and executing projects as well as continuously improve processes across a variety of standard functional domains and geographic regions. This includes scope documents, data collection procedures, and structures for client management/engagement.
- In collaboration with challenge faculty and associate dean, lead the design and implementation of the experiential components of the MBA degrees.
- Manage the experience of all key stakeholders, particularly faculty, corporate and non-profit partners. The ability to deliver outcomes beyond client expectations is key.
- Work closely with the office of external relations to solidify host partners - not solely responsible for the sales process, but plays a large role.
- Manager of Experiential Learning reports to this role - responsible for end to end management of this employee.
- Primary point of contact for all host partners, ensuring a seamless process and value added deliverables are achieved.
- Responsible for working directly with host partners to scope out robust and value add projects.
- Consider the overall strategic implications of various corporate and curricular decisions.
- Work closely with faculty and other staff throughout the college. This includes potentially training faculty in project management skills.
- Experiences need to result in deep and vivid learning on the part of the students.
- Balance the (seemingly competing) notions that these activities are educational as well as market-based initiatives.
- Have the ability to focus on details and systems coupled with an approachable, flexible demeanor.
- Proactively ensure that the activities pass the market test in terms of quality and performance.
- Work with the external relations liaison to get the highest quality company partners.
- Manage the client-facing components of the program, and work with students/faculty to ensure the highest quality outcomes.
- Be accessible and integrated into the student experience by attending and supporting student-driven events/activities, College-level, campus and community events/activities, and being visible to students on a day to day basis.
- Master's degree in business or related field.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a consulting or a corporate project management role.
- 7+ years of experience in a consulting or corporate project management role.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
- Previous experience working in an academic setting.
- Network of local corporate contacts.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed, and travel nationally and internationally occasionally.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Monday, March 19, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.