- Performs light maintenance service under the auspices of a qualified skilled tradesperson, including plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs or installations, or vehicle servicing.
- Performs tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, installing paper dispenser units, changing filters, changing locks on doors, minor decorative maintenance and other tasks not requiring a licensed skilled trades person or journeyman. Cleans and lubricates parts identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight. Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner. Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments. Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. May be required to assist with special events. May drive a cart or other vehicle, assists skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard duties to learn
- New skills as required for advancement and certification. May be required to utilize basic cleaning and other chemicals.
- May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees. Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble. Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts, adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary. May orders replacement parts and equipment with management approval.
- May be required to inventory equipment, parts and supplies.
- May repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred. 1 or more years of related experience preferred.
- Holds appropriate License/certification for the specific work to be done in the city and state in which the work will be done. A valid driver's license may be required,
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees,
- Ability to read and understand relevant written materials and schematic drawings.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior. Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance. Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of university time and attendance policy and/or operating hours. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements. Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays,
- Close vision, Color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility. Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), Ability to work in tight and/or elevated locations (lifts, rooftops, ladders) May be required to climb ladders of up to 36 feet Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS (MAY ADD ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS SPECIFIC TO DEFINED WORK LOCATION):
- Will Work in both indoor and outdoor environments, in varying weather conditions. Varying Schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud, Wears protective clothing and/or equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.