Senior Director of Enrollment
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President of Enrollment & Support Services, the Senior Director of Enrollment, Las Vegas Support Center maintains overall responsibility for all activities related to the recruitment of students within their team of Associate Directors and staff based at the Las Vegas Support Center.
The Senior Director of Enrollment, Las Vegas Support Center role helps Saint Leo University achieve its growth goals by directly or indirectly coaching, motivating, and guiding a team of 25 or more enrollment personnel. The Senior Director of Enrollment, Las Vegas Support Center leads enrollment activities related to the recruitment of both Undergraduate online and Education Center students, as well as Graduate students who are studying within online, blended, and face-to-face formats.
The Senior Director of Enrollment, Las Vegas Support Center oversees the overall recruitment and interview process, and manages prospective student communications from the point of initial contact through registration of first term courses and the first week of classes in full coordination with enrollment teams at University Campus and the Tampa Student Support Center.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration.***
2.Values Statement (see below)
3.Letter of Recommendation 1
4.Letter of Recommendation 2
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of the staff and facility needs at the Las Vegas Support Center.
- Consistently maintain full accountability with Enrollment Counselors and Associate Directors for individual and team performance metrics including every aspect of the communication plan outreach and follow-up practices, creating the best possible new student experience and workplace environment.
- Full responsibility to motivate, manage, train, and develop a team of 3 or more Associate Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Enrollment who each oversee a team of 8-10 Enrollment Counselors.
- Full responsibility for coordinating the maintenance and professional condition of the Center through effective management and communication of vendor and service provider relationships.
- Implement the University Strategic Plan and the Enrollment & Marketing Division as it relates to current and future activities within the Center.
- Achieve University budget requirements and appropriately expend University budget resources.
- Represent the University to appropriate public and private constituencies, including overseeing compliance activities with various regulatory agencies.
- Implement various University academic, fiscal, and human resources policies.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution required; Master's Degree preferred
- Prior experience managing a team of 15 or more employees.
- Two or more years of progressive experience in contact center management, with no less than one year in higher education direct contact center management.
- Prior experience in higher education administration.
- Prior experience with non-traditional students preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office utilization.
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize student database systems.
- Ability to conduct periodic travel to University Campus and Tampa Student Support Center.
- Ability to travel locally to attend meetings and events.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.