Staff Accountant I
Job Description Summary
To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate cash and grant accounting and reporting.
• Participates in daily, monthly, and annual close processes for all cash accounts and prepares necessary journals and ad hoc banking transactions.
• Complete all daily and monthly bank reconciliations timely and accurately.
• Ensures accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
• Prepares internal and external cash flow and financial schedules by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger and banks.
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Perform grant related post-award functions, including setting up new coding, and communications with grant project team.
• Prepare and submit periodic invoices and draw down requests for grant reimbursements.
• Prepare accurate and timely financial reports on grants for both internal and external users.
• Provides accounting and banking support; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information as requested.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Assists with both internal and external auditors, institutional employees, and government entities demands for information and accountability for financial and general ledger accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited college or university
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Preferred minimum of 2 years related accounting and finance experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Strong Excel Proficiency
- Work well in team environment
- 2-5 years accounting experience
- Not-for-profit accounting experience/education
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.