Coordinator " Certifications
Job Description Summary
Responsible for processing requests for degree and enrollment verifications. Act as the point of contact for the National Student Loan Clearinghouse to update enrollment and degree information as needed. Also, work with veterans' certifications by administering federally sponsored Veteran's Administration Educational Benefits (including eligible dependents) and Vocational Rehabilitation programs for University College, Weekend/Evening Programs, and Graduate Programs.
Duties and Tasks:
- Communicates via phone, email and face to face with the student veterans, VA administration.
- Certify student enrollments through VAOnce for all campus undergraduate students every fifteen weeks and graduate students every eight weeks.
- Submit change of status information through VAOnce for veteran students as necessary.
- Maintain and update excel spreadsheet of all veterans.
- Troubleshoot payment issues for veteran students.
- Offer support for student veterans in filling out and filing needed paperwork.
- Attend training seminars and conferences to stay current on VA policies and procedures.
- Verify degree and enrollment information on National Student Clearinghouse.
- Processes walk in requests requiring immediate assistance for degree/enrollment verification.
- Processes loan deferment requests.
- Assists in building course schedules, creates class room assignments.
- Assists with room reservations.
- Provides back up assistance to the transcript counter, to include walk-ins, overnights, credit card processing, check deposits and session reconciliations.
- Provides back up assistance for registration, withdraws and drops, grade changes, tracking.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Participate and contribute to the success of official events, including, but not limited to commencement.
- Assists with readmit applications for university campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School diploma. Associates degree or higher preferred.
- 3 years of job-related experience.
- Student Information System experience preferred.
- Knowledge of common higher education standards, policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to manage interpersonal communication in a team environment and to perform multi-tasks in a high volume fast-paced environment.
- Ability to assess and resolve situations and problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Ability to adapt, change and learn new procedures.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.