CFO and Vice President for Business Affairs
Job Description Summary
The CFO and Vice President for Business Affairs and Finance serves as the chief fiscal and budgeting officer of the University. Reporting directly to this Vice President are the offices of Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, University Technology Services, and Legal Services.
Duties and Tasks:
- Serve as a member of the President's Staff.
- Oversee the annual preparation of the University's operating budget and monitors revenue and expenditures for conformance with budget plans. Review exceptions and modify according to guidelines established by President's Staff.
- Assist the President with long-range planning and meeting objectives of the University.
- Recommend policy to the President's Staff to improve financial and business matters of the University.
- Monitor University compliance with appropriate accounting principles through the Associate Vice President of Business Affairs.
- Insure the University's endowment assets are managed in accordance with the policies set forth by the Board of Trustees.
- In conjunction with legal counsel, negotiate auxiliary contracts on behalf of the University as well as administer the insurance/risk management program.
- Direct the renovation and construction of campus buildings.
- Review and recommend to the President the acquisition of all centralized and specialized computing hardware systems dependent upon the University's central computing system through the Associate Vice President/Chief Information Officer.
- Oversee the classification of staff, wage and salary plan, recruiting, benefit administration and employee relations of the University through the Associate Vice President of Human Resources.
- Monitor and evaluate performance and provide continuous feedback to the President and staff and to all direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or CPA.
- 7-10 years of business administration, public companies included.
- 5 years higher education experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Colleague, Workday.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to develop and build teams.
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.