Part-Time Marketing Assistant, Career Services
University of Denver is the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, with approximately 12,000 students in the undergraduate and graduate programs. DU is classified as a Doctoral/Research University with high research activity. The Daniels College of Business is one of the largest colleges within the University, with 1,600 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students. We offer a variety of majors and minors, including two bachelor degrees, five MBA degree programs and seven specialized master's degrees.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the employer relations team in its internal and external marketing efforts. This position is responsible for developing and implementing marketing campaigns; including social media, website, digital and print materials. This is a part-time position that is 20 hours per week, with some flexibility during the recruiting season.
For non-benefited job postings: This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Create marketing materials, both print and digital, for both internal and external marketing efforts, in strong alignment with the current Daniels brand.
- Utilize and react to all social platform statistics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis while creating and publishing social media content (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media platforms).
- Manage the Daniels Career Services scheduling, posting, creative asset development, and all other aspects of running a lively content marketing program.
- Coordinate and manage career-related content for career services blog.
- Create content for digital signage and manages publishing schedule.
- Provide event support.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency using Adobe Illustrator with a solid graphic design background.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite and Microsoft Office.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of daily issues.
- Passionate and driven.
- Demonstrated willingness to do what it takes to drive initiatives to succeed.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, graphic design, public relations, social media, communications or related field, or combination of education and professional experience.
- Professional graphic design experience.
- Previous experience in higher education.
- One to three (1-3) years professional graphic design experience.
- One year (1) professional experience.
Typically, Monday - Friday with varying hours.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions, please contact Brent Thompson at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- 3-5 strong design samples
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.